The Godfather talking
This is god damn my place! Capisci?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:05:01 12:05

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Money counting machine  (Read 2860 times)
burgic

Thank You
-Given: 9
-Receive: 24

« on: October 07, 2019, 05:11:42 17:11 »

Hello everyone,

As I am new here I would like to share a new project I will work on in the following weeks/months (depending on the free time since this is a hobby project).
The project itself should be pretty simple but with reserved space for improvements if necessary in the future - coin acceptor with an LCD (or similar) display showing how much money is inserted. Nothing fancy, w/o HW protection and w/o robust SW (as we usual have with money control machines) as I build this device for a gift.

I decided to make a dedicated PCB even though I could use one of previous ones with some coin acceptors supported.
I am planning to work with Comestero RM5 since I have one at home, but also to support RM5HD (with ccTalk) and cheap Chinese ones.
Any suggestion regarding coin acceptors which are popular nowadays is welcome. At least I can add an additional connector on the PCB for the future.

For the first phase I am planning to use a typical 16x2 or 20x4 LCD, but I am also considering to use Nokia 5110 LCD. Any opinion on this is also welcome, since I never worked with any other LCD than 16x2 and 20x4.
uC used will be something from STM32F1xx series since I have a lot of the libraries and code written already.
CLI is also a part of the first phase, as the device shall provide a configuration interface to enable/disable built-in features.

If there is a time and need, second stage shall support in SW ccTalk protocol, probably not fully but basic commands.

Compiler and tools in general: gcc-arm-none-eabi, cmake, KiCad, Git, Clone5.

Please feel free to add suggestions, comments, critics and/or similar.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...