Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:58:48 20:58

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: input on idea/project 2x li batteries to usb converter  (Read 3200 times)
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 606
-Receive: 265

« on: June 22, 2019, 07:51:17 19:51 »

i would like to make a usb converter with a battery pack of 2x li batteries in parallel and to transform that down to 5v with an output 2-4 amps with charging and protection on batteries like over and low
voltage overcurrent protection. charging and output ports i would prefer separate.

any input on ic's to use. i have looked on some manufacturer and this topic is a bit over my knowledge soft out
when finished i will share scematics and pcb made in altium 19

regards.

and a big thanks to all uploaders

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 08:18:59 20:18 »

Not to discourage your plans, but have you looked at over the counter options?  You likely won't get the 4a output (unless you Y adapter two not shared ports) but there are a ton of 18650 USB full-featured battery bank cases out there for cheap...
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 08:29:22 20:29 »

the ones i got have 5 x 18650 batteries in paralell i have looked at some and mmost of those i looked at seems to be batteries in parallel with an output of 3.7volts transformed to 5volts

no worries about discouraging my plans, since it just an idea i got.
and i want to do some playing with altium on rainy days.

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 09:07:13 21:07 »

sadly the post company in sweden has added extra costs to packages on chinese packets so not so cheap to order from china anymore.
i am moving to croatia shortly and i need to find out if it is possible to get cheap stuf from there instead.

looks like croatia has the same as sweden adding extra costs but i need to look how much extra that is since sweden adds 75 sek minimum and the tax on that
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 09:10:51 21:10 by sphinx » Logged

pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4205

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 09:53:24 21:53 »

sadly the post company in sweden has added extra costs to packages on chinese packets so not so cheap to order from china anymore.
Items from China on ebay has an option to add postage, so it's not sent by China Packet Post.
I don't know if it's all sellers but from Hong Kong I get post in about 4 days. with tracking.
I keep the orders small as they get though without having a tax placed on them.
if its going to get taxed, have it sent via one of the main firms like DHL they only add the tax not a handling fee as well.
some sellers also state the value is higher than what you paid, I have stopped using them.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...