The Godfather talking
This is god damn my place! Capisci?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:35:47 12:35

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The odd couple: AVR+Z80... A 4 ICs Z80 retro board with CP/M 3  (Read 3034 times)
Just4Fun

Thank You
-Given: 6
-Receive: 20

« on: January 23, 2019, 12:20:34 12:20 »

Hi,
this is my own interpretation of the retro-systems theme: The Z80-MBC2.

It has an optional on board 16x GPIO expander, and uses common cheap add-on modules for the SD and the RTC options. It has an "Arduino heart" using an Atmega32A as EEPROM and "universal" I/O emulator (so a "legacy" EPROM programmer is not needed).

It is a complete development "ecosystem", and using the iLoad boot mode it is possible cross-compile, load and execute on the target an Assembler or C program (using the SDCC compiler) with a single command (like in the Arduino IDE).

Z80-MBC2 short specs:  Z80 4/8MHz (SW selectable), 128KB banked RAM, 16 GPIO, I2C, Serial, HD emulation on SD, RTC with temperature sensor, Multi-boot management for max. 10 OS (currently supported OS with 16 HD each: CP/M 2.2, Q/PM 2.71, CP/M 3),   Autoboot (direct binary load and execution from SD), iLOAD (automatic load and run executables files in Intel-Hex format), SW controlled User led and key, stand-alone Basic and Forth interpreters (with IOS-LITE embedded into FW), boot mode and system parameters user menu.

Demo video playing Startrek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHl2-ZyUp0o

All detailed info here: https://hackaday.io/project/159973-z80-mbc2-4ics-homemade-z80-computer

This thing started because some time ago an user on another forum started to ask some information for a custom made Z80 design. So, after a while I thought... Why not?  Smiley

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 12:46:42 12:46 by Just4Fun » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...