Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:10:36 18:10

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Please can you give me advice about my procject (shielding, EMC, EMI ...)  (Read 2992 times)
rdpdo

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 38

« on: July 24, 2023, 10:33:17 10:33 »

Hello everyone,

I have a project consisting of making an ADC main board with a raspeberry PI4B which will allow me to measure differential voltages from a analog accelerometer sensor on remote micro-boards.

The fact I cannot use digital accelerometer is that I cannot synchronize them and so my vibration data will be delayed each with other... It is why I must use multiple analog souce which will then be all acquire in a synchronozed way.

I will use these vibration data to get frequency response for extracting modal frquency with specialized softwaez (using OMA - Operation Modal Analysys). If my data are not synchronized the extraction will be biased...

My ADC have differential inputs so my idea is this but I dont know if it is correct ? It multiply the number of GND and so perhaps it is a bad idea ? (I have 32 sensors)

Also, is it a problem that differential signals are not referenced by the GND in the main board ?

Perhpas I need to connect GND to both ends in this case ??

Else I can do that wich is less expensive by taking power from main board. In this case there is only one GND so perhaps it is better ?

What do you think is better ?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 12:34:03 12:34 by rdpdo » Logged
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 656
-Receive: 903

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 03:50:22 15:50 »

You don't give us anything but an excerpt from your PowerPoint presentation. If you want technical answers you need to ask with technical detail vs having everyone guess.

What are the specs for this system? Distances? Environmental considerations? How are they powered? Is any protection required? Certification? Country in which it will be used? How many systems will be made? Why make it yourself....what's you secret sauce vs just buying an off the shelf system you don't need to futz with?

Is this for a product, experiment at work, or playing with an idea at home?
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 961

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 04:14:51 16:14 »

the analog accelerometer sensor and the ADC main board must share a common ground as a start

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...