Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:40:42 20:40

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: generalized solution for flexlm?  (Read 3618 times)
anotherandrew

Thank You
-Given: 737
-Receive: 22

« on: November 18, 2017, 05:03:52 17:03 »

This is question which I have thinking about for some time now. flexlm allows use of central server for licenses holding.

I am sure others have thought about this, but has anything been trying for making general server process which always grants license to anything asking for license? what is preventing this kind of medicine?
crahak

Thank You
-Given: 12
-Receive: 551

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:00:33 20:00 »

So far, we've been patching l_pubkey_verify calls, so handmade licenses work. It's fairly easy and it's little work (and only a few bytes to patch), then you can edit license files all you want.

Any programmer could tell you that what you're asking is non-trivial. You'd have to modify pretty much everything extensively, to the point where it would probably be far easier to write a complete license server replacement from scratch. I mean, all the code that reads those non-existing license files would read nothing (most code never executed and all the data structures in memory would not be filled), then use this non-existing information (null pointers, empty arrays and all) to create valid replies out of nothing... It just doesn't work this way.

Thank You
-Given: 52
-Receive: 1718

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:39:00 20:39 »

It wouldn't work because the server would still need to serve a valid license to the client; the client checks the license signature.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...