The Godfather talking
This is god damn my place! Capisci?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:50:43 01:50

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Q] Academic Recommendation Request From Experts  (Read 3104 times)
biomed12

Thank You
-Given: 67
-Receive: 5

« on: August 02, 2017, 12:28:00 00:28 »

Hello everyone,

I am a new phd student. I have run to PhD from bachelor's directly, so I don't have any master's degree. I will choose an area to study. There are two options for me, signal/image processing or control engineering.

So, where do I start to reading? Which societies, papers, magazines do you recommend?

Maybe the question is a bit silly, sorry for it.

Thanks.
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 03:25:57 03:25 »

You can start with IEEE journals.

Really though, the best thing to do is ask some of the professors whose could be on your committee or become your advisor.  You should focus on the areas that THEY think are important.  They control your destiny so aligning with their interests is the key to success.

Good luck, getting a PhD is a really rough experience for a lot of people.
PICker

Thank You
-Given: 207
-Receive: 109

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 08:00:37 08:00 »

Hi, Biomed,
I'm University professor and my research activity is in the field of biosensors.  Today, in biomedical engineering area, the signal/image processing in a growing field, but also control engineering in process analysis etc. Remember that during your PhD experience you have to perform high standard research with the pubblication of several peer-reviewed papers.
I suggest you to think to become one of the best scientists in your research field and invest your (scientific) life in reaching this target.
You can start to read some Review Papers (as suggested by Gallymimu, IEEE Journals are a great source of information), but also other nanotech-related journals, biomed journals and so on.
Good luck.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...