Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:06:07 22:06

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: various inductors and transformers in proteus  (Read 5255 times)
alberto110

Thank You
-Given: 50
-Receive: 10

« on: February 06, 2017, 04:19:17 16:19 »

Hi friends ,
 I have question about inductors in proteus . There are six device in generic inductors
 and i dont know the diffirences between them .  i want to know each device refer to what
 component in real world or in the market .
 also for transformers , which of them is used in SMPS for fly back and which is for ordinary
 old adapters with iron core , and what does saturated means .
 thanks a lot .
witsanukai

Thank You
-Given: 13
-Receive: 9

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 04:49:33 04:49 »

on the description will tell you, some is Iron core inductor, som is air filled inductor, and also the PCB package are diffence too.
referring to real componenet in the world you may need to looking for the component in the market, after you select that componet to use, then try to looking for similar model in proteus , or modify from medel in proteus, such as modify from generic inductor to new value of your component in circuit, and you may need to created pcb package of your own device if not availabe will be easy than looking for some component (which may hard to find, expensive than cost,etc)

transormer also the same, you may use some simulation to confirm your design but not at all as my experince.
Proteus may easy for micro controller project from concept to complete but for SMPU or RF job may not easy from concept to complete.
Just my opinion. Smiley
Cheer.
allegro

Thank You
-Given: 32
-Receive: 43

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 11:59:41 11:59 »

Regarding what is what when it comes to inductor build up I suggest you do some googling. Lot's of information available:-) This will help you differensiate between the different choices.

Proteus offers generic simulation models in their library. If you place for an example one transformer on your schematic; right click on the symbol and edit this will give you a possibility to set up som parameters for a generic transformer. 

Some manufacturers offer spice models for their inductors which try to simulate their behaviour as close to reality as possible, but often with limitations. Proteus has a Spice3 compatible simulator so it will not handle pspice spesific syntax or other.

Intusoft has software for inductor and transformer design. It will generate a spice model/subcircuit. It is very expensive:-(

/Allegro
alberto110

Thank You
-Given: 50
-Receive: 10

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 10:32:56 22:32 »

thanks a lot for your answers .

Yes , some web pages write about simulating in SPICE most of them in pspice ORCAD or HSPICE .
 unfortunately proteus  doesn't support PSPICE model also it is very handy and only software  capable to run microcontroller model that i know .
so i have another question . in proteus there are 3 model for components LISA schematic , SPICE , proteuse VSM DLL model .
In proteus library folder there are files with various extentions . could you please explain anythings about .
allegro

Thank You
-Given: 32
-Receive: 43

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 01:22:14 13:22 »

I think more of your questions are answered in the help section of Proteus under "simulation help".

In the library folder you have mainly .lib and.idx (these are the devices - parts, symbols and footprints). vml extension I don't know.

In the model folder you have:
.sml spice models
.mdf you can compile a model of a schematic. Proteus describes this in the mdf file. Open and see in a text editor.
.dll compiled models using a Labcenter provided API. Need to sign a NDA to get this.

You can also to some cool stuff with scripts Smiley

I hope it answered some of your questions.

/Allegro
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...