The Godfather talking
This is god damn my place! Capisci?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:56:26 01:56

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Going to sell some ICs on Ebay, sell them as a batch or split them up  (Read 3416 times)
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 961

« on: November 13, 2016, 12:36:28 12:36 »

During moving, I found out I had a collection of 10 AD7716BS never used. These critters are quite expensive . I was thinking of selling them on Ebay. Shall I sell them as batch of 10 or split them up and sell them one by one. I have never done any deals on Ebay before. The drawback by selling them as batch may be that I get less. But on the plus side it will be less hassle for me this way

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 02:25:21 14:25 »

That's exactly the trade off.  I think the best thing to do is put a dollar value on your time and estimate what it will take to communicate, package, ship etc.  Then also consider something like 1 in 10 customers will have an issue, be a prick or something and you'll have to spend a bit more time making them happy.

I only sell a little on ebay so I'm not the best person, but have found for things, even up to the 10s of dollars, for me, it's hardly worth the hassle.

I haven't looked into it, but there are ebay consignment services out there as well, but probably not worth it for 10 units.

another good one I always wanted to sell were power op-amps from APEX microsystems.  Some of those are $100ea and I have half a dozen of them.
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 12:55:38 00:55 »

IMO put them all up in a single lot with a single Buy It Now price per item that you are happy with, and a 'free' shipping on additional items but not the first...

Ebay calls this a 'Dutch Auction'

AKA you put it up with a buy it now of $10 with $5 shipping on the first item, and free shipping for each additional item.... That way if they buy one it cost $15 but if they buy two it's $25 and three is $35 and so one, the no additional shipping on extras, encourages someone to buy in a lot vs single...
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 961

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 12:16:15 12:16 »

I found this one (This is NOT mine!) http://www.ebay.com/itm/AD7716BS-AD7716-LC2MOS-22-Bit-Data-Acquisition-System-IC-/110502420499
Sales seams to go very slow I guess the price is to high even if a new one cost 62 dollar on digikey. Or is it that these like mine is RoHS non-compliant?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
fpgaguy

Thank You
-Given: 154
-Receive: 166

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 05:46:15 17:46 »

there are brokers for these types of things, mostly chinese
for example (not one I know, but I do shop for "out of print" chips occasionally)
http://www.hkinventory.com/p/d/AD7716BS.htm

But unless you have a tray or a reel, then I don't suggest those types of places
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 10:51:31 22:51 »

Or is it that these like mine is RoHS non-compliant?

I doubt most of the people buying small volumes of chips or obsolete chips on Ebay care about RoHS...

As for the auction you linked, a possible explanation for their slow sales is likley because there is no shortage of counterfeit, reclaimed or even fake and/or defective chips flowing out of places like Hong Kong making many buyers hesitant to roll the dice sometimes, especially on high dollar chips...
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 01:17:19 01:17 »

I found this one (This is NOT mine!) http://www.ebay.com/itm/AD7716BS-AD7716-LC2MOS-22-Bit-Data-Acquisition-System-IC-/110502420499
Sales seams to go very slow I guess the price is to high even if a new one cost 62 dollar on digikey. Or is it that these like mine is RoHS non-compliant?

I agree with @CocaCola.  No one who would buy parts on ebay cares if they are RoHS or not.  Anyone who would care probably needs component assurance and traceabilty and would buy through distribution or at least a shady broker Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...