Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:33:26 22:33

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sying "thank you" to uploaders of slow troubled links  (Read 3140 times)
bobcat1

Thank You
-Given: 4147
-Receive: 89

« on: December 04, 2016, 08:43:10 08:43 »

Hi All

I think we should not encourage people who gave links to troubled very low speed download sites like and give "thank You" :

Nitroflare ,uploaded & rapidgator

Would like to know your opinion on the subject

All the best

Bobi

faraz101

Thank You
-Given: 183
-Receive: 1702

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 10:46:51 10:46 »

Mediafire is the best.
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 10:54:38 10:54 »

Thank you's from me are for sharing something useful, even if I don't download it.

And even if I did, I come from 110 baud TTY days so anything you young 'gotta have it now' kids might consider slow is light speed in relative terms. You haven't lived a very exciting life if you've never queued up your 2400 baud modem to send your 2D house plans to the blueprint shop while you were asleep because they took 7 hours to send...

People get satisfaction for their shares from a thank you and a lot of disappointment when they get a low count or none in some cases. Why rob them of feeling good about how they spent their time (for you...)?

We've had quite a few discussions over the years about the site's people picking a couple of really fast and free filehosts that everyone HAD to use - some sites do that and it seems to work well. This one doesn't, probably because they don't have to (people take a lot of abuse when you have something good to offer).
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 11:37:56 11:37 »

I think we should not encourage people who gave links to troubled very low speed download sites like and give "thank You" :

I think people that leech a file and can't be bothered to click the thank you button should be banned from the site and/or locked out of future downloads...

Would like to know your opinion on the subject

IMO beggars should not be choosers as it's nothing but an act of pure selfishness by the beggar...  Anyone that takes the time to upload a file and share it on this forum at minimum deserves the 500ms it takes the down loader to click the thank you button...  The world isn't instant, waiting for things is reality, it's sad we have become a society of instant gratification...

I have a suggestion though instead of joining the ranks of ungrateful leeches that can't be bothered with clicking the thank you button, if and when you come across a slow link you still click the thank you button and then follow up with a mirrored upload on a site you prefer, a win, win for the site and it's members...  But, I suspect if clicking the thank you button is too much to ask of leeches, uploading a mirror of the file is beyond a monumental request...

Posted on: December 04, 2016, 05:23:50 05:23 - Automerged

And even if I did, I come from 110 baud TTY days so anything you young 'gotta have it now' kids might consider slow is light speed in relative terms. You haven't lived a very exciting life if you've never queued up your 2400 baud modem to send your 2D house plans to the blueprint shop while you were asleep because they took 7 hours to send...

So true, it's sad to see the Internet community become a society of instant gratification, especially when it's FREE stuff that they are downloading so they don't have to pay for it...  Many a night or entire week I spent downloading or uploading some collection of this or that, all the while with my modem pegged the entire time making other online activities for all intents a no go...  Also not everyone has blazing fast internet...  I was one of those unlucky people that after moving into my new house 3 years ago found out that only so called 'broadband' in the area was a legacy ADSL, 500 Kbps was a good day...  I was forced to use my cell phone or tethering to my cell phone for most larger downloads as it was faster...  It was not until last year that other options were rolled out in my area, and even then I had to fight to get it as I was literally on the wrong side of the road and they didn't want to drop a line across the road...
Vineyards

Thank You
-Given: 62
-Receive: 37

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 04:08:03 16:08 »

Yes, all we need are some iron-clad rules and a no-mercy policy...
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 11:46:32 23:46 »

Yes, all we need are some iron-clad rules and a no-mercy policy...
It can't be policed, iron clad rules, another no go.

bbarney and myself muted users for posting links from here, posted to other sites.
Also members who posted cut&paste from other sites.
some in here just use links posted here, don't even upload to their file hosting site.
That's one of the reasons links don't last.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
anotherandrew

Thank You
-Given: 739
-Receive: 22

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 03:40:50 03:40 »

So arrogant. This people find information you seek but because it is not fast for you you do not use respect and manners? Remember this persons find something you could not. This persons sometimes spend effort to make medicine so you can enjoy this that you could not find. I think your parents failed to teach you well. I have fast internet in my country and still use free download options. slow connection for multi gigabyte data, so what? I get something I need that I could not find on myself. I say thanks and with many gratitude on top.

So rude.

oh and mega is best. no bullshits and popups for me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:44:34 03:44 by anotherandrew » Logged
Vineyards

Thank You
-Given: 62
-Receive: 37

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 09:12:50 09:12 »

bbarney and myself muted users for posting links from here, posted to other sites.
Also members who posted cut&paste from other sites.
some in here just use links posted here, don't even upload to their file hosting site.
That's one of the reasons links don't last.
Well, given the sites popularity among enthusiasts, you can't be doing your jobs in a bad way. Sonsivri has become a part of our lives thanks to the efforts of people who are involved in its making.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...