Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:03:18 09:03

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: voice activity detection and echo cancellation using pic32mz  (Read 2905 times)
nordiste
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

« on: August 16, 2016, 09:23:55 09:23 »

hello,
i'm trying to make a projet who need a voice activity detection  (VAD) and an echo cancellation.
my project use a pic32MZ.
i find nothing for this family.
there is speex for dsp, but i dont find any source file inside package, only .H file.
can you help me ?

do you know some VAD and echo cancellation usable with pic32mz ?

thanks.
marc.
anotherandrew

Thank You
-Given: 737
-Receive: 22

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 02:26:17 14:26 »

Take a look to OSLEC http://www.rowetel.com/blog/?page_id=454 also most of what rowetel writes. Very good EC and open sourced. It is not specific for PIC32 but you have a solid base with this for porting.
Signal

Thank You
-Given: 111
-Receive: 81

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 03:43:50 15:43 »

Try to find at least something without narrowing the search by "pic32". Or specify "MIPS" instead, as an attempt.
My personal experience - none of open source DSP implementations I met were suitable for real serious project without massive modifications or they were non-suitable at all.
While VAD could be implemented quite easy, under "Echo Cancellation" banner there are plenty of very different algorithms - some of them should work together, selection of others depends on application specifics.

EC stuff is very labor consuming. There are some implementations for sale. I do not believe that someone that spends months to reach a production grade state of his echo canceller just share it without compensation. Of course I can imagine that there are draft implementations made as student activity or quite working libs donated by IC manufacturer. (in case of libs you will not get sources, only .h interfaces.) Maybe the specialized "echo canceller" chip exists and you will be happy with it, I do not know. Maybe draft quality implementation available in sources is all you need, I do not know either.

I see you are new in this area. Here are some keywords for the beginning: acoustic or line,  canceller or suppressor (in combinations).
For example the algorithm behind "Hands Free" mode in old PSTN phone sets is "Acoustic Echo Suppressor".
Good starting reference for suppressors is ITU-T G.164 https://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-G.164-198811-I/en
At least you should know what exactly you are searching for.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 06:38:09 18:38 by Signal » Logged

Give a right name to a right game and play it right
Signal

Thank You
-Given: 111
-Receive: 81

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 06:56:02 18:56 »

Another parameter you should define - sampling rate. Usually, echo cancellation solutions are not directly scalable for example from 8000 Hz to 16000 Hz (Wideband). Some can operate in both modes (somehow switchable), while others are dedicated to only one rate.

Give a right name to a right game and play it right
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...