Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:18:58 22:18

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Invitation request option  (Read 3301 times)
Signal

Thank You
-Given: 111
-Receive: 81

« on: March 30, 2016, 08:50:10 20:50 »

Currently one of positive scenarios for applicant to become a member of this forum is known:

1) Place a request with self advertising text with implicit or explicit promise to participate by posting meaningful posts/topics.
2) Wait for possible invitation
3) Post something.

My proposal is to give to applicant an option to post a topic before getting actual membership.

An invitation request is already seen as usual topic with addition of "Invite this person" button at the end of content.
Then I see it as follows:
a) An invitation request form has additional field to compose a topic with the most abilities that are available for "inactive Users": as add_link, add_link_to_picture... In other words the same rich_text box that I use to compose this text.
b) Another additional field is to address a target board in forum that this first topic is intended for.
c) The topic then becomes a second post in appropriate invitation thread right after usual invitation request post.
d) Actual invitation if it follows will move or copy this pre-membership topic to its expected destination.

Then optional scenario is:
1) Place an invitation request
2) Post something valuable
3) Wait for much more probable invitation.

Such changed order of first scenario has some advantages:
a) additional opportunity for applicant "to throw into the scale".
b) positive encouragement to post as a natural feedback: "more posts - more membership", complementary to existing "no posts - no membership".
c) more information to make a correct estimation about applicant's ability to participate and about his "standards".

There are some difficulties though: inability to edit post before invitation for example or possible prohibition to attach files. But such limitations looks as non-critical and could be arranged somehow.

What do you think, fellows?

Give a right name to a right game and play it right
CADSTARguy

Thank You
-Given: 26
-Receive: 2

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 02:24:08 14:24 »

So they ask to join the forum and get to make 1 discussion and can only post in that discussion.
This does sound like a good way to get new members that will post interesting articles as the style of the prospective member can be seen.
Signal

Thank You
-Given: 111
-Receive: 81

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 03:35:00 15:35 »

So they <...> get to make 1 discussion and can only post in that discussion.
I supposed that they can not post anything else until someone invites them. I do not think about this as a limitation. Instead it is a natural way - if some member wants to discuss with  topic creator (it is an indicator of a value) he invites him. As an option - "Thank You" reception could act as invitation.

Give a right name to a right game and play it right
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...