Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:18:04 15:18

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Discussion about ride sharing service (Uber, GrabTaxi, Lyft, etc)  (Read 3163 times)
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« on: December 27, 2015, 06:11:38 06:11 »

They get a lot of money from investors, just read a super rich Arab prince put his money on Lyft.

What do you think about this online taxi service? How they are in your place?

I am going to share a project idea which already fill dozen of my bowls in here, but asking for enough feedback first... Smiley

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
zac

Thank You
-Given: 81
-Receive: 57

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 10:07:25 22:07 »

Lyft and Uber operate in my area.  I've never used them, but friends have been happy with the service.  Pickups are on time and the cars are usually nicer than the typical beat up old taxi.  But, it sounds to be like working in a sweatshop for the drivers. 
Signal

Thank You
-Given: 111
-Receive: 81

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:23:22 14:23 »

I never used such a service because I rarely take taxi. But recently I talked with taxi-driver that uses "taxify" service. He is happy with it. I see two major factors. He is a private entrepreneur and taxify is an automatic controller in contrast to human taxi controller hosted by taxi companies. And while he drives Opel Vivaro he likes the opportunity for customers to see vehicle type before order - he believes the size has some attraction especially for groups, so he consider it as advantage.

Another consideration. My colleague said that it is nice to see where is the vehicle before the order. It is not rare case when you order taxi by phone and wait for it for an unpredictable time even operator said that it will be in 5 min.

Give a right name to a right game and play it right
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 604
-Receive: 260

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 06:04:10 18:04 »

here in sweden i read on the news that uber used ugly prices during new years night without even telling that they would be that high. like a normal tripp would cost 500 sek the cost was 4000 sek so not that sure i would used their service withgout asking for price.

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
Ichan

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 05:19:00 17:19 »

Thanks to all comments.

In my place they are actually illegal by law, but still in operation until now - i heard that the rule might be replaced with a new one which will accomodate them.

Here they are liked by many cab user mainly because of the short waiting time.

How they affect the existence of the conventional taxi cab service in your place? Here they mean a hard punch.

Rather unfair business fight i think, those new online taxi service (they call it ride sharing service) do not invest on car, do not do car maintenance, etc, etc...

So, the conventional taxi company will need some help to survive or even win against their new rival... Wink

-ichan

solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 10:23:21 10:23 »

LOL - the conventional taxis won't have a problem in your region of the world

Unless the rideshare drivers make payments to the taxi mafia, they WILL have a problem, legal by law or not
Ichan

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 03:47:29 15:47 »

Well buddy, below is the stock price chart of the conventional taxi company i talk about, i believe you are knowledgeable enough to interpret it.

-ichan

solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 05:24:02 05:24 »

Don't know if a 75% drop on such low volume means much of anything. Maybe the price of your cab occupancy sensor is what drove them down so low?  Tongue

Someone's stepped in and is buying up all they can from the looks of it. It also looks like there's a high frequency trader that's playing it.

I had assumed you had the same setup as Thailand: http://www.ladyironchef.com/2014/09/phuket-taxi-mafia/ (for reference, about 35 Thai Bhat to the $US)

Apparently not, and I stand corrected
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...