Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:31:14 20:31

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Reading Motor info  (Read 7263 times)
mr_byte31

Thank You
-Given: 68
-Receive: 144

« on: August 04, 2015, 12:14:19 12:14 »

I had old washing machine that is not working any more , I took the motor from it , it looks the same as motor in this pics :

I don't understanding what is written on the motor !

what is 480/15000 RPM ? is it the range of RPM?
where can I find the HP of this motor?
I believe it is universal motor, isn't it ?

Do not trifle with the Moderators , as you are small, and crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
crunx

Thank You
-Given: 18
-Receive: 8

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 03:58:59 15:58 »

First the "funny number" part: 480/15000 RPM refers likely two speeds this motor is able to run, depending on the external connections. The lower speed is used for washing and rinsing cycles, the higher one for centrifuging.

The number "20584.514" is the type number. By entering "acc 20584.514" (without the quotation marks) to Google and/or for example eBay, you may be able to locate a spare and/or additional info. At least I found in German eBay one seller of a motor with the type number ( -- a few numbers in other places of the type label slightly differing - likely irrelevant). And it looks otherwise also very similar: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Privileg-27614-Motor-Antriebsmotor-ACC-Type-20584-549-AC-EL-124213930-/171246487097?hash=item27df160639

In that ad you have in German language a lot of specifications of the motor. the main portion Google translated:

AEG privilege Matura
 Motor, drive motor

ACC
Type 20584.549 AC-EL

Distance motor / drive shaft end: 41 mm
Diameter drive shaft: ca. 25 mm (drive belt guide)
Width of drive shaft: ca. 25 mm (drive belt guide)
7-pin connector

proper functioning
Used spare parts
Gebrauchsspuren
from a privilege 27614 (PNC: 914 521 470) Washing Machine

--------- Also, it seems that the same motor might be used by Electrolux. The service document has even a wiring diagram of the connector: http://monitor.espec.ws/files/597en_145.pdf
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:39:30 20:39 by crunx » Logged
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 03:39:12 03:39 »

First motor I've seen that does not have a current rating on it.

I'd be interested in knowing how much a replacement costs.

I can see that it has a tach or position sensor on it, but can you make out what the black Pez dispenser is for?

It's definitely not a synchronous motor in any case.
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 06:00:12 06:00 »

but can you make out what the black Pez dispenser is for?

Those are the brushes, or better stated the brush housing...

It looks like you generic washing machine motor, probably made by several motor manufactures and probably cross references across multiple machines and multiple machine manufactures...

Have you tried contacting a machine repair place, I'm talking old school brick and mortar privately owned shops?  There is a one by me the owner is a walking encyclopedia on appliance repairs, he recognizes most parts on sight and instantly knows what to cross reference to...  He has saved me tons of hassle over the years trying to 'find' or 'identify' a the right replacement part...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:07:41 06:07 by CocaCola » Logged
crunx

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:19:44 09:19 »

Yes, it is a generic motor with tachometer, used by more than one washing machine manufacturer: When I checked yesterday, it was available at least from an eBay seller, to cost of 49 Euro + postage, and there identified as a spare part for AEG. As I also wrote before, it seems to be also in a spare part document from Electrolux. There the type number seems to be without the period (=20584514). In that document even a simplified connection diagram is visible. Please see my earlier post for web links. Oh, and one more eBay seller offering the motor - and giving at the same time some bits of information, too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLE-20584514-ELECTROLUX-ZANUSSI-AEG-JOHN-LEWIS-WASHING-MACHINE-MOTOR-/221834601608?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a65f6488 . Also the tacho generator is purchasable as a spare part for that motor: http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/50229052001-zanussi-washing-machine-tacho-generator

I have not worked with washing machine control electronics, so I have no detailed diagrams how the controller is actually constructed. However, the general principles should be pretty clear. The quite simplified circuit diagram in Electrolux document shows that it is a brush motor with multiple field magnetic coils. By externally changing the connections one can thus either get the nominal speed to be lower or higher, and by using the tachometer and a controller it is possible to keep the selected speed pretty accurately correct.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:25:04 09:25 by crunx » Logged
mr_byte31

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 11:09:38 11:09 »

the washing machine has other problems but the motor is working probably. I plan to use this motor in one of my projects.

I couldn't find datasheet for the motor but I could find a file that has some more info. at least better than nothing.

the spin motion is 1150 ! so what was the 480/15000 RPM indicates? Smiley
what about the power?
very funny !

Do not trifle with the Moderators , as you are small, and crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
crunx

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 08:00:10 20:00 »

Regarding spinning speed vs motor speed: Remember, that there is a transmission with belt from the motor (a small wheel) to the drum (much larger wheel)

If you divide the motor speed with the transmission ratio = diameter of larger wheel divided by diameter of the smaller one, you should get the drum spinning speed!

The table you have looked has the connections, and there is also a simple drawing with the connector's configuration. Unfortunately to find detailed schematics could be difficult, especially for the motor controller board. If that unit is still in the faulty washing machine, you should salvage it, and hope it works!

Maybe a service manual - this one in Italian, but with in the end having a sort of schematics - could help you forward: http://www.service.electrolux.com/files_it_it/lb-ci-51r.pdf You might get lucky when digging here, too: http://www.eserviceinfo.com/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:10:08 20:10 by crunx » Logged
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 11:21:02 23:21 »

I am not certain to the speed rating, IMO 15k rpm is a bit high for a motor that size.

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
mr_byte31

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 08:44:40 08:44 »

Regarding spinning speed vs motor speed: Remember, that there is a transmission with belt from the motor (a small wheel) to the drum (much larger wheel)

If you divide the motor speed with the transmission ratio = diameter of larger wheel divided by diameter of the smaller one, you should get the drum spinning speed!

The table you have looked has the connections, and there is also a simple drawing with the connector's configuration. Unfortunately to find detailed schematics could be difficult, especially for the motor controller board. If that unit is still in the faulty washing machine, you should salvage it, and hope it works!

Maybe a service manual - this one in Italian, but with in the end having a sort of schematics - could help you forward: http://www.service.electrolux.com/files_it_it/lb-ci-51r.pdf You might get lucky when digging here, too: http://www.eserviceinfo.com/

i was surprised when i looked to the schematic in your pdf. the motor is connected to DC supply!
isn't it an AC motor ?

Posted on: August 07, 2015, 11:05:57 11:05 - Automerged

do anybody know how the connections for AC-supply works ?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...