Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:31:09 20:31

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: USB Camera on Zynq board  (Read 3584 times)
geconom

Thank You
-Given: 89
-Receive: 18

« on: June 29, 2015, 07:11:52 19:11 »

I am working on a project regarding image recognition on Zynq all programmable chips, found in Zedboard and ZYBO boards. I want to integrate a cheap USB camera, but I can find no previous work to start working. I have found different solutions with a custom Avnet board, but no one with a USB camera. Does anyone have experience with such an involvement?
Elmer

Thank You
-Given: 13
-Receive: 11

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 11:44:30 23:44 »

I've used some non-USB cameras from http://www.e-consystems.com with Gumstix SOM computers, and they had fairly decent Linux drivers for their products interfacing with the image port of the Gumstix. I would expect their USB camera range to have equally good or better driver support. What is your motivation for using USB? Zynq can interface to pretty much any camera, from the expensive high resolution global shutter VITA sensors to the low cost Aptina/OmniVision sensors. If you google Zedboard+OV7670 you should find a project to get image from a cheap image sensor onto Zynq, directly without USB.
EDIT: typos

peace in the valley
geconom

Thank You
-Given: 89
-Receive: 18

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 07:21:32 19:21 »

Thanks Elmer. I am trying to go with USB because they are easy to find. The OV7670 project is simple and complete but the connection is through 2 PMODS and requires some custom PCB. I am considering this solution in the future if I can not make it with USB.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...