Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:23:17 10:23

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Where can I buy long-ish alumina substrates?  (Read 3151 times)
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« on: August 09, 2015, 01:40:32 13:40 »

As some of you know, I wanted to try out the latest release of filter synth software and after a few botches, I got it fired up to see how it worked, since I've never tried it before.

Killing two birds with one stone, I've always wanted to try my hand at making microstrip filters as well so here was my chance.

It really didn't take long for the s/w to produce the parameters for the filter, albeit not much faster than I could have done on my slide rule, but the main advantage is its ability to generate some nice diagrams for upper management in order to get them to sign off for the materials I need to make the 4500Hz filter they specified for some kind of communications thing they came up with. No idea why they are calling it POTS.

So, I've attached my diagram here so some of the expert members here in Sonsivri can have a look and check my math. That way I can say that it was checked by electrical experts in some country where the mains electricity keeps shutting down.

If the guys who have made such things before say it looks correct, where can I order the quantities and lengths of alumina substrate the s/w came up with? Marketing is saying we'll need around 250,000 units per year.

Thanks in advance,

-S

p.s. s/w doesn't do much more than the applets that are on the web, so no point in my having it installed. I did find out what it can do, so mission accomplished and thanks to the guys who pointed their finger at why my install was messing up.
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 04:17:21 16:17 »

I suck at RF... and math... and engineering... but my gut tells me that 5.5Km strips of alumina should be easy to find on ebay.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...