The Godfather talking
Share your stuff or I will make you regret it.
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:49:55 09:49

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help about autorouting rules on Proteus Ares  (Read 4000 times)
lcn

Thank You
-Given: 15
-Receive: 1

« on: January 28, 2015, 06:52:26 06:52 »

Hello,

Does someone know if there is a setting or a customized rule ( DO file ) to specify in order to get VIAs placed centered inside a component pad instead of 'Normal' , 'Top Blind' , 'Bottom Blind or 'Buried' ?

I also would like the autorouter to generate clean angles intead of straight wires.

Here is what autorouter does with default settings :

Here is what i expect the autorouting it to do instead :

If someone can post here a DO file example, this could help me.

---

Another question regarding 'autorouting' :

How can set the autorouter for a 4 layers PCB : i would like to have the 2 regular layers : top and bottom layers (red and blue wire) and i also would like to add 2 more layers for VCC and GND.
I did not find how to set this up.

Any help or advices will be much appreciated.
Many thanks,

CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:04:48 09:04 »

IMO autorouting is only a helper tool, not a final routing solution...  If you want the board to look a particular way go back and tweak it after the autoroute...  It's actually quite easy to tweak once routed...  I know that isn't the answer you probably want, but you can get the best looking board layouts tweaking yourself as every autorouter makes bonehead routings...

What you want to do with the VCC and GND is fill the two layers with power planes using the power plane generator make sure to tie them to VCC and GND in the netlist, or else Proteus will fight back Smiley ...  There is probably a tutorial to be found in Google, it's been awhile since I laid out a board that way (actually any boards as of late) so I'm a little fuzzy on the details...
vern
V.I.P

Thank You
-Given: 7
-Receive: 41

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 09:39:49 21:39 »

It is generally not a good idea to put a via inside a component pad.
If you solder your SMD components the via will suck away the solder paste resulting in bad solder joints. You can avoid this if you use buried vias that don't go all the way through.
There is also a problem with the manufacturing: if you have a via inside a pad you should avoid having the via capped with a solder mask on the opposite side, because depending on the board manufacturer and the solder mask used it might creep through the via and smudge your pad.
Makes very bad soldering!
If you want the via inside the pad because of low impedance I would prefer using 2 vias to the  left and right of the pad.  o-[]-o
I'm sorry I can't give you tips for the autorouting, but I use a different software. And no autorouter. I tried several and was always disappointed with the results.
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 07:16:05 19:16 »

Here is what i expect the autorouting it to do instead :

I do not use Ares, but in Specctra (= Cadence PCB Router) miter command used for this, something like:

miter 10 (bend 10 10) (pin 10) (slant 10) (tjunction 10) (style diagonal )

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...