Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:10:57 07:10

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Inactive user - not allowed to see the links :(  (Read 4676 times)
vietnguyen
« on: March 04, 2008, 05:08:23 05:08 »

Dear mod,

It was surprisingly to find a forum which specialized in Electronics, however after 30 minutes of registration and reading the rules I still could not find "link view" in rule in order to view the link posted. My comment is could you just put an "special link" for just login user (fresh user) to understand what is going and help people like me approaching the site better.

Thanks and regards,

VAN
microcom-ecuador
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 06:40:18 06:40 »

Dear Mod,

I think the same like vietnguyen.

I am registered and after create a new topic and post some links to download books, i have received a mail with warned status. I'd like to contribute with the forum with a little information that i have, and i hope can access to the links in the topics that i think are interesting for me and my job.
Also I can't view the rules in spanish.
PD. Sorry, but my english is not so good.

Posted on: March 10, 2008, 06:38:46 06:38 - Automerged

I forget it, the topic that I say is no more!
sisar
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 1

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 03:29:26 15:29 »

Mostly People, search and sign in for forums like this one seeking for knowledge and information that will help them develop their own.
if they do so they can contribute and help others, here we force members to share anything to get rid of their "inactive" status,
thanks
veiledcavalier

Thank You
-Given: 8
-Receive: 0

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 11:50:50 23:50 »

hi,
i think i have the same problem also,
dear mod. i think u mean u r forcing members to be seeders not only leachers.
But, for which limit they will be forbidden from seeing links and contributing,
i mean what makes me active??? in other words what gives me the right to see links and contribute with others Huh

thanks
mmemory
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 02:26:42 02:26 »

I agry with Van,
may be limited download for new user better than that.
mrnobody
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 02:25:09 02:25 »

just as what sisar has pointed out..
here, if you want something, u hv to contribute.. you have to either contribute 7 posts or donate inorder view the links or use the search feature.. when  i say 7 posts, i mean posts that are beneficial to others.. not spam.. if you spam, u will be banned.. after you contribute, then you will become active and can use the forum's features..
many people have gone the extra mile to maintain this forum.. this forum have its own crackers for Proteus and also Proton (if i am not mistaken) and maybe for other softwares as well..
last time, without this 7 posts limits, people just join and leech from this forum without contributing.. now, they cannot do this anymore.. just think of this as a win win thing.. if you contribute, it benefits both you as well as the forum..
quadro

Thank You
-Given: 3
-Receive: 3

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 08:15:25 20:15 »

Hi,
I am also new to this forum and I can see and understand why there is a minimum of 7 posts to be active member.
What I do not understand is that I have made a comments for one member and give him a link for new version of software that he was seeking.
After that my post has been deleted similar to microcom-ecuador (I didn't receive any warning mail) so I really do not see why.
That probably means that inactive users can not post links but I didn't saw that stated anywhere (sorry if I missed something).
This seems to me like very restrictive since if you are inactive you can not see links and you can not post links which very much limits any useful discussion.

Best regards

johnny666
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 03:01:25 03:01 »

Dear Mod, is it true that Inactive users should never post links?  I am unclear.
detrevni
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 10:11:40 22:11 »

Guys, just try the help pages. It has very clear instructions!
beatAurex
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 3
-Receive: 9

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 05:19:18 17:19 »

the inactive users is a good idea well. sometimes  Sad
SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 405

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 12:24:25 12:24 »

Guys, just try the help pages. It has very clear instructions!

as he says, we worked too hard but it seems instructions is not enough.

- Houston, we have a problem.
NastyCloud
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 09:24:38 21:24 »

I think that the "inactive" status is unfair because you forcing the new members to load with 7 useless posts in order to view the links, so the only think that you succeed is make a big junkyard of newusers posts. I think the best way to avoid them is to deactivate their accounts if a reasonable period (2-3 months, or a year) is past from the last login
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 11:09:03 23:09 »

there would be no junk posts if users read the rules.
no if's, but's, just read the rules.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 09:19:54 09:19 »

Mostly People, search and sign in for forums like this one seeking for knowledge and information that will help them develop their own.
if they do so they can contribute and help others, here we force members to share anything to get rid of their "inactive" status,
thanks
That's Why I have just put your Account here on Mute...
How you got away leeching for so long is beyond me...

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 12:01:12 12:01 »

I think that the "inactive" status is unfair because you forcing the new members to load with 7 useless posts in order to view the links, so the only think that you succeed is make a big junkyard of newusers posts. I think the best way to avoid them is to deactivate their accounts if a reasonable period (2-3 months, or a year) is past from the last login

hence, members who have nothing to share here are not welcome! we don't need people who come here to take and develop themselves then disappear. we need people who are able to learn quickly and share their knowledge. flushing inactive members takes place every year, one year is not enough for you or others to do sth useful?!

conclusion: f.uck you
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...