Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:01:20 21:01

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: REQ: Lutron Homeworks RS485 protocol information.  (Read 3884 times)
Crackn

Thank You
-Given: 118
-Receive: 565

« on: July 09, 2014, 08:49:50 08:49 »

Hello,

I'm looking for any Help/Information about Lutron Homeworks RS485 protocol/commands.

Im trying to develop an implementation of 3rd party modules that can "talk" with Lutron Homeworks central by RS485 bus.

thanks in advance.

solutions

Thank You
-Given: 656
-Receive: 903

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 12:55:06 12:55 »

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread.php/377-HomeWorks-Original-Integration-Protocol?highlight=protocol+documentation

Upload that document here for the members here (file host given in a text file attachment) when you grab it. I spent enough time looking for it for you and am not going to bother spending more time registering on a site for which i have no interest.
Crackn

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:31:40 20:31 »

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread.php/377-HomeWorks-Original-Integration-Protocol?highlight=protocol+documentation

Upload that document here for the members here (file host given in a text file attachment) when you grab it. I spent enough time looking for it for you and am not going to bother spending more time registering on a site for which i have no interest.

Hello, thanks foe the fast repply but this document is the protocol for integrators and lutron only documented the RS232 and Ethernet integration protocols. RS485 is the closed one that only lutron equipment uses to talk each other.

I'm looking to someone that already play with it, decode it with logic analyzer and or oscilloscope, someone that did same as I'm trying to do and wants to share information.

thanks
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 656
-Receive: 903

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 03:07:26 03:07 »

Why would anyone do any reverse engineering on this?

Either it's open or it isn't. And if it isn't, their lawyers will shut anyone down as an unauthorized third party,making any effort a complete waste of time.
Crackn

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 04:33:45 04:33 »

Why would anyone do any reverse engineering on this?

Either it's open or it isn't. And if it isn't, their lawyers will shut anyone down as an unauthorized third party,making any effort a complete waste of time.

those modules are gateways to other systems. i will not talk lutron to lutron central but only listen to lutron's communication and execute commands on other systems modules based on what I listen from lutron's 485.

this is only the first idea. maybe a gateway from Lutron's RS232 to proprietary RS485 would be a way to do it too.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...