Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:54:45 10:54

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: World's first home mini nuclear generator  (Read 3549 times)
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 959

« on: April 25, 2014, 09:56:27 21:56 »

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/campaigns/kube/kubex15.asp
Oh I have waiting so long for this. But how much energy can it provide. I am sceptical some thing requite a lot of energy. Like does it have enough to power some member rage then someone unfortunately IMO request some eccentric software package. Or say some ferret apparent reluctance against poor innocent me and my harmless but always outermost respectful comments Grin

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 11:29:22 23:29 »

Designed by Rektor Siegle, the KUBE nuclear reactor can generate 1000KHGz of power, endlessly!

WTF is KHGz?
Sounds line a unit made up after a lot of cheap alcoholic drink..

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 01:49:07 01:49 »

WTF is KHGz?
Sounds line a unit made up after a lot of cheap alcoholic drink..

Makes perfect sense if you look at the date of the page...

BTW there are people making mini nuclear reactors at home, from what I gather beyond having the knowledge to do it, getting the parts necessary isn't all that hard, and because they are bellow the power threshold (at least in the US) you don't have to deal with red tape...  Basically in all practical sense it's a useless project as far as power generation, but it's the idea that you can say you built a real nuclear reactor even if the power output is almost zero...
titi

Thank You
-Given: 3679
-Receive: 834

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 05:16:08 17:16 »

Hi,

at the end of the document, you can find this:

Disclaimer: Some of the content herein is a work of fiction and was used to commemorate the April Fool's holiday.

So, it is a joke.  Cheesy

Best regards.
LabVIEWguru

Thank You
-Given: 270
-Receive: 593

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 01:54:55 01:54 »

Incredible story - the kid build a breeder reactor in his parents shed.

http://harpers.org/archive/1998/11/the-radioactive-boy-scout/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn

If you look at the pictures of him , I guess he won't be fathering any kids, though.
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 02:55:55 02:55 »

If you look at the pictures of him , I guess he won't be fathering any kids, though.

If you are talking about his mug shot when he was arrested for stealing smoke detectors those facial sores look much, much more like a meth head then any type of radiation poisoning...  Add to the fact he was stealing smoke detectors with pretty much an insignificant amount of radioactive material, not even enough to bother really and that even further adds to him being a meth head whacked out of his mind, at least IMO...

And BTW when I said people would do it, although Dave is famous for his half cocked no safety concerns attempt, there are others doing it legit and much safer, like Taylor Wilson...
LabVIEWguru

Thank You
-Given: 270
-Receive: 593

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 03:11:44 15:11 »

Take it easy! I wasn't finding fault with anything you said. He certainly worked hard enough to remove himself from the gene pool.

I agree that someone will do it and possibly even make it practical. I always wondered what happened to the Tokamak "fusion generator" they were promising for every home in about 1971.... or the "home fuel cell power system."
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 09:48:22 09:48 »

Take it easy! I wasn't finding fault with anything you said. He certainly worked hard enough to remove himself from the gene pool.

I agree that someone will do it and possibly even make it practical. I always wondered what happened to the Tokamak "fusion generator" they were promising for every home in about 1971.... or the "home fuel cell power system."

They are alive and well, though small ones are next to useless.

The one in Japan had the METAL building implode from the mag field,LOL, according to a guy I met once from U Colorado.

There is a HUGE one under construction in France right now, an international effort, with the goal of 10X power gain: http://www.iter.org/mach

There are/were supposedly (I didn't know this) 250 of them on the planet http://www.irsn.fr/EN/publications/thematic-safety/ITER/Pages/3-250-tokamaks-throughout-the-world.aspx

MIT and Princeton have them.

Next time you have an MRI, maybe you can bring the rest of the pieces...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:35:26 11:35 by solutions » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...