Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:18:06 21:18

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bluetooth communication between PIC and Cellphone(Android OS)  (Read 4496 times)
diamadiss

Thank You
-Given: 202
-Receive: 4

« on: February 16, 2014, 10:52:05 22:52 »

Hello,
I would like to deal with bluetooth communication between PIC and Cellphone(Android OS). Because I don't know about bluetooth communication; I would like to start with making an application which will be a portable device and when I push a button  I can see in my cellphone (Android OS) a warning. For this application I think that I must have a bluetooth mudule and a microcontoller which will drive the bluetooth module. I would like to find someone to teach-guide me; with pay of course. If there is someone who could do this please send me a personal message to discuss with more details.

I want something like this but with bluetooth communication and not with USB.
http://www.microchip.com/Developmenttools/ProductDetails.aspx?PartNO=DM240415
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 11:20:51 23:20 »

Google is your friend Learn to abuse him... failing that use the search function here...
http://www.sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=54858.msg157719#msg157719

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
lmmasc
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 9
-Receive: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 02:57:35 02:57 »

well , i helped a friend with a project with BT and an andorid phone using this module from dx http://dx.com/p/hc-06-wireless-bluetooth-serial-pass-through-module-for-arduino-works-with-official-arduino-board-238364#.UwF4LPmSwkA , it have a serial interface so its ez to use a pic to comunicate , also used a terminal soft on android for testing, one like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sena.bterm&hl=en
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 12:30:58 00:30 »

Hello,
I would like to deal with bluetooth communication between PIC and Cellphone(Android OS). Because I don't know about bluetooth communication; I would like to start with making an application which will be a portable device and when I push a button  I can see in my cellphone (Android OS) a warning. For this application I think that I must have a bluetooth mudule and a microcontoller which will drive the bluetooth module. I would like to find someone to teach-guide me; with pay of course. If there is someone who could do this please send me a personal message to discuss with more details.

I want something like this but with bluetooth communication and not with USB.
http://www.microchip.com/Developmenttools/ProductDetails.aspx?PartNO=DM240415

If you are open to it Bluetooth 4.0 SMART or LE is VERY easy to use.  Most radios have a processor built in.  Radio modules from bluegiga, roving networks (now microchip) and blueradios are VERY easy to use.  I have had great luck with bluegiga, a high school intern brought one up in a couple weekends.

I'd be happy to discuss further if you want to send me a note.
TucoRamirez

Thank You
-Given: 257
-Receive: 115

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 02:39:59 02:39 »

yeah gallimimu, ble112a is a very nice device, except that programming it in C is kinda tricky (kinda weird mini os abstraction that is still obscure to me)  but with bgscript is ok for low rate data exchange [i did some 500Hz sampling and it worked nice with C, with bgscript it was buggy because of the nature of bgscript decompiling]

Whoever double crosses me and leaves me alive... he understands nothing about Tuco.
Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 09:55:52 21:55 »

yeah gallimimu, ble112a is a very nice device, except that programming it in C is kinda tricky (kinda weird mini os abstraction that is still obscure to me)  but with bgscript is ok for low rate data exchange [i did some 500Hz sampling and it worked nice with C, with bgscript it was buggy because of the nature of bgscript decompiling]

Yes, the callback structure in C isn't obvious if you are not used to it.  Plus the state machine you need to form connections takes a little bit of time to get right.  BUT, it's a lot easier than working with a raw stack!
TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 08:57:06 08:57 »

yes, i even get up to 500Khz sampling+transmit (do u remember our last discussion...)  but i abandonned the standalone solution, i just reprogrammed it to acchieve the transmission of the reconditionned 16, 10 bit  samples from a chibi 12F1840 ^^

Whoever double crosses me and leaves me alive... he understands nothing about Tuco.
j0k3r

Thank You
-Given: 43
-Receive: 18

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 10:09:09 22:09 »

Check the RN42 modules, easy to work with them.
diamadiss

Thank You
-Given: 202
-Receive: 4

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 09:04:44 21:04 »

Thanks all of you for your replies but I would like to find a person to teach some things from begin and I would like to create my own functions to make the communication and not to use existing codes; for instance Arduino. If you know anyone that will be interesting to do this, please send me a pm to give you my email. Thanks!
TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 11:33:39 23:33 »

what about using the search button to gather a book about android (and android ADK) ? ( even arduino related books are quite interesting on explaining java stuff for your android app)

for the bluetooth, usually is a clear AT interface or uart link to put your data directly.  

Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 05:47:04 05:47 »

Thanks all of you for your replies but I would like to find a person to teach some things from begin and I would like to create my own functions to make the communication and not to use existing codes; for instance Arduino. If you know anyone that will be interesting to do this, please send me a pm to give you my email. Thanks!

What exactly do you want to learn?  Do you want to write your own stack?   Do you want to leverage a stack?  Do you want to use an integrated module with an API?  Do you want to design a discrete chip solution?  do you want to build something with a FCC certified module?

Let me offer a suggestion:

If you are building as a hobby, use a module with an API
if you are building a few hundred per year, use a module with an API
if you are building a few thousand per year, use a module with an API
if you are building a few 10s of thousands per year, consider a packaged stack and a discrete chip solution and pay for FCC compliance (easily $20k for worldwide compliance)
if you are building a few 100k a year or more, then get your chip manf to design it for you Smiley
Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 03:03:56 15:03 »

I think it's better to discuss advice here instead of over private messages so that everyone can benefit from my bad suggestions.

Based upon your PMs you are insterested in learning a discrete solution with antenna design and everything which is great!  I've not done a discrete design myself, though it shouldn't be hard and we have a project as such coming up this quarter.

I'd strongly suggest starting with a BLE module such as the BLE112 from bluegiga.  OR getting a BLE demo board from TI.

You don't want to take on too many aspects of the design at once.  For instance if you design a discrete solution, your own antenna and start messing with the stack, and suppose you can't see the bluetooth device from your phone...  Is it the stack you messed up?, the hardware design? or the RF side?

After you get competent with a module and how the GATT attributes work for sending data back and forth, and the state machines for a scan, pair, connect process work, then maybe you can move to a custom stack.

After that you can start playing with the hardware and antenna design since you will have a stable knowledge of the software side.

TI has a LOT of app notes (as do other manufacturers) related to various PCB antenna designs.  They are pretty much off the shelf, require some basic rule following, and use of controlled dielectrics on you PCB.  The first cut of your antenna will probably work but may require some "trimming" to get perfect.  Trimming is usually done with some inductor and capacitor adjustment or physically shortening the antenna (after intentionally designing it a little too long). 

Keep in mind for an FCC 15(c) device it can cost many thousands of dollars for approval in the US, and about 3 to 4 times as much for basic worldwide compliance in the major markets. (at least that's been my experience with quotes for 2.4GHz intentional radiators)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...