Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:18:41 01:18

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How about using google drive?  (Read 3906 times)
electrojit

Thank You
-Given: 233
-Receive: 285

« on: February 02, 2014, 02:59:53 14:59 »

Hello board members,

Lately I have been using google drive for organizing some documents which can be accessed from anywhere and found that google drive is pretty good at it...

What about the views on using the google drive for our board for sharing files?

It has features like we can share the document with predefined email addresses or only with whom the link is...

Will it be good to create our group related drive(s) there to store files there? For example to share some of the old softwares, projects, documents or books not available anywhere, original medicines etc...

Can it be dangerous or have any chance of exposing or getting busted for sharing illegal stuff (well most of us are not using any of the software for production or selling it- I believe)?

Regards,
electrojit
SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 405

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 08:14:00 20:14 »

Isn't it like running directly in to mine field.

- Houston, we have a problem.
FriskyFerretReloaded2

Thank You
-Given: 232
-Receive: 208

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:10:42 23:10 »

Can it be dangerous or have any chance of exposing or getting busted for sharing illegal stuff...

Naw, should be OK, it's not like Google collects IP addresses or anything.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:47:05 06:47 by Wizpic » Logged
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 07:58:04 07:58 »

...or follow you around, including verifying it's you when you travel internationally when all you've done with them is use their now-crappy search engine
electrojit

Thank You
-Given: 233
-Receive: 285

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 10:09:30 10:09 »

Thanks all... I guess that was a stupid question to ask... I did lil search and found that they do have some intelligent algos to track down illegal music and files...

I was thinking on the lines like using the IP hiding software and encrypted zip files...

But as said earlier - I am not much aware of how things are getting tracked... so once again sorry...
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 10:31:49 10:31 »

If files to be posted were named, better than using original name, then posted to a good hosting site, and links via Attachment.
Then maybe downloads will last a lot longer than now.

As a plus If members who download software, were more willing to repost what they received then maybe that is a better solution.
This would also get a lot of inactive user, off my watch list Smiley if only they would Sad
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:35:09 10:35 by pickit2 » Logged

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
hate
 Warned

Thank You
-Given: 156
-Receive: 355

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 12:58:54 12:58 »

It's all about 'cookies' and 'javascript'. There are some secure browsers (in the sense of cookies and js) out there to protect some of your privacy. Lack of these leaves not much other than your IP (excluding security holes). But web without javascript doesn't mean much these days and IMO free VPNs aren't much secure maybe even the paid ones. Going into all this trouble to use a simple search engine is too much for me so I just use google logged out all the time to provide only a certain level of privacy.

Regards...
SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 405

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 04:44:59 04:44 »

The thing is "centralized" solution is not good. Either google drive or some other one.

- Houston, we have a problem.
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 960

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 11:40:20 11:40 »

If files to be posted were named, better than using original name, then posted to a good hosting site, and links via Attachment.
Then maybe downloads will last a lot longer than now.
We also have to rember that shares tend to "leak" out to others sites. It will always be ignorant members that can not resist to take Sonsivri links to other forums.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 11:05:11 23:05 »

so I just use google logged out all the time to provide only a certain level of privacy.

That no longer works. They track you based on search and browsing patterns even if you are not logged on.

They even know it's you with the phone in your pocket, just based on your gait. Again, no login at all.

optikon
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 1092
-Receive: 2000

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 11:19:38 23:19 »

https://startpage.com/

I can explain this to you. I can't comprehend it for you.
hate
 Warned

Thank You

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 12:08:58 00:08 »

That no longer works. They track you based on search and browsing patterns even if you are not logged on.
First of all, I don't like google at all, I don't like their 'collect every single data that ran through them' policy and I don't like their 'create a browser and make it easy to collect sensitive information' act. Finding someone not logged in can be easily possible by storing private information in cookies (they may even be doing this which I have no idea about). But other than that I don't think they run a svm (support vector machine) to analyze multi-million user input obviously growing exponentionally to track every single individual. I'd really like to see a proof how they do this if you are so sure. Another fact to consider is not every single web surfer have unique search and browsing patterns.

They even know it's you with the phone in your pocket, just based on your gait. Again, no login at all.
What do you mean by 'gait'?

Regards...
solutions

Thank You

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 05:49:09 17:49 »

Here's a visual gait recognition system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhCR0UbW13Y
FriskyFerretReloaded2

Thank You
-Given: 232
-Receive: 208

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 06:48:30 18:48 »

IIRC, human breath recognition and tracking is also under development. It's getting ridiculous.
hate
 Warned

Thank You

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 09:45:53 21:45 »

Here's a visual gait recognition system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhCR0UbW13Y
Hmm, that's quite interesting and logical. So what I understand is Google being the main maintainer of Android, implemented a gait recognition system into Android core and all Android users are being tracked unaware of that. Did I miss anything? Microsoft once tried to spy on Windows users in the past and got into a very big trouble, what's preventing Google to get into the same trouble now?

I must confess gait recognition is quite an interesting research though.

Regards...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...