Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:49:37 16:49

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: MikroC Multiple PICs communcation protocol  (Read 17172 times)
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 11:18:41 23:18 »

each sensor would require 5 wires, power ground, SDI, SCK, CS.

How about instead of using CS just have power, ground, SDI, SCK and disable power to sensors that you are not talking to.  turn them on one at a time.

1 wire may be best with your constraints.

If the sensors are low power you could also parasitically tap power off of SCK or CS instead of using a power line.  That would get you to 4 wires.
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 11:52:45 23:52 »

With CAN or something like CAN you may even get away with 2 wires.
Otherwise use the Microchip MIWI protocol but with wire instead of wireless.

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
sebepsiz

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 0

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 12:12:18 00:12 »

I will take a look and inform you about the result Smiley Thank you so much.
Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 04:43:55 04:43 »

With CAN or something like CAN you may even get away with 2 wires.
Otherwise use the Microchip MIWI protocol but with wire instead of wireless.

he already shot down RS485, I don't know why CAN would be much different since they both require transceivers.  I don't think he can fit a radio in either.  He's got a funny set of requirements that mostly seem to revolve around physical constraints related to designing the packaging and the connectors before the functionality was fully thought out!

I thought all implementations of CAN required 2 wires for data and 2 for power.
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 11:09:50 11:09 »

So how can i say to developer that this sensor is connected to port 1? Smiley
There is a desktop application that i coded before and it shows which port has which sensor. So where is the port information?
And it opens a socket to connect from HTML5 applications and also i coded a Flash/Flex and a Javascript API to connect to this mini local sensor server.
So how can developer query that which sensor is on port 1 with my API? I need to have the port data Smiley ?

In any system that contains sensors, you have two options to find out what sensor you have got:
1. Know what you are connecting already and in which order using paper and pen!
2. Go advanced and let the PIC on the other side tell the hub what sensor it has got and what its number is among other sensors of the same type, this requires ore-defining all possible sensors that you might use on all PICs. Sorry, but I doubt you can do this because it needs advanced programming skills, I mean concepts, not just the ability to write in C.

Even if you used backnet protocol (not blacknet), you need to give the sensor a name, at least!

Don't try to complicate things while you have such physical constraints... stay simple because your physical space is limited. If you want to automate sensor recognition, then you need more code and probably more chips, you are not in a position to tackle such functionality at the moment..

We are willing to help, but when you suggest SPI, we expect that you understand already how it works and the necessary connections to make it work. Please read more before you let yourself appear as if you know nothing about sth you have already suggested or sth that other members mentioned.

I feel like we have been running in a closed loop with you for many days. You have funny constraints and design requirements that what ever has been said is not working for your erroneous design and requirements decisions. You have requirements that can't meet some other specs in your system.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:12:18 11:12 by metal » Logged
Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 07:13:56 19:13 »

I feel like we have been running in a closed loop with you for many days. You have funny constraints and design requirements that what ever has been said is not working for your erroneous design and requirements decisions. You have requirements that can't meet some other specs in your system.

+1

sebepsiz, metal has very nicely stated we want to help you but also please don't waste our time either! 
sebepsiz

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 0

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 01:53:55 01:53 »

No Gallymimu, be sure that this suggestions/discussions were very useful for me. Also after all of these stuff i will share my working firmware with you. Are you still thinking that you wasted your time after these words? Smiley
Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 02:32:50 02:32 »

No Gallymimu, be sure that this suggestions/discussions were very useful for me. Also after all of these stuff i will share my working firmware with you. Are you still thinking that you wasted your time after these words? Smiley

YES!  Smiley

I'm glad you found the information helpful.  Some of us are pretty good at this stuff already so while you should share your firmware we probably don't need it. (Though others might really appreciate it).  Please be sure to always provide you design constraints so people don't suggest solutions that won't work for you.  It's frustrating. 
zab

Thank You
-Given: 25
-Receive: 58

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 06:16:58 06:16 »

In communication  the number wires matters much in cost, space, arrangement etc. we see that these are decreasing day by day. parallel  com is replaced. serial was good solution but but 1 wire communication has total change in this field especially when controller is connected with sensors. I saw some good literature about here http://www.1wire.org/Files/Articles/1-Wire-Design%20Guide%20v1.0.pdf
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/appnotes/01199a.pdf for ref.
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2013, 12:21:43 00:21 »

I thought all implementations of CAN required 2 wires for data and 2 for power.

Nobody said that power need to be delivered as well.

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...