Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:32:50 13:32

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Small audio board: PT2313 and ATMEGA644  (Read 3775 times)
happylex

Thank You
-Given: 7
-Receive: 3

« on: October 23, 2013, 08:38:38 20:38 »

I designed a little audio board, with a PT2313 and ATMEGA644 (I have 10 of those here). It is made to exactly fit the maximal 10cm x 5cm for manufacture.

I have for the front panel four buttons with led (3 channel, on and off), a rotary with LED and push switch, and LCD. I2C is available on a connector, so it can be controlled from for example a raspberry pi as well. The four pin headers are for CD-ROM audio cables.

What do you think about it?
If anybody wants this PCB, let me know.
happylex

Thank You

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:09:18 19:09 »

A reaction in my email:

In my opinion it is simple and compact, can be put any where. I was thinking about putting the bottom layer face opposite to the front panel of my enclosure. On the other hand, I think you can put the buttons and rotary encoder on the PCB too, it will be better and more compact instead of using a connector. I was looking for sth that has everything on one PCB.

CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 10:12:45 22:12 »

What kind of input are you looking for?

A quick glance of the board layout and I see the middle set of header pins on SPI shift out of alignment, is this intentional?

Also based on my own preferences, since you are paying for a 2 layer board anyway I would try to avoid routing between pins as you did on DIGITAL and OUT FRONT for example,  I know the lower is a ground plane but this is just personal preference to avoid routing between pins if I can...  And again based on my personal preference since you have the room I would fatten up the traces overall...
happylex

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 09:46:39 21:46 »

Thank you for the good responses (also the personal ones, even if I prefer public). Yes the offset is to 'press fit' a programming connector in the holes, without soldering.

Let me know what you think now and if you are interested.

I know not everybody thinks the same, since I got different comments and sometimes even contradicting. I mostly used the comments I got from two university employees and from people interested in the board. This resulted in a slightly smaller board, to fit a certain housing, The Sparkfun 16x2 LCD fits directly on here (yellow outline) and the drill holes match. Digital and analogue ground are 'separated' now, and there is place to mount tact switches for use in the front panel. The space limitation also resulted in stereo jacks on both sides of the board for the audio input and output.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...