Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:58:14 21:58

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: MACH3 CNC and Laptop  (Read 16930 times)
frasenci
Translator

Thank You
-Given: 142
-Receive: 84

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 11:16:52 23:16 »

I find it, at least, interesting , this topic moved to entertainment section . The "funny" remark in doing it is absolutely priceless !!! I use Mach3 for entertainment , hobby they name it. Yes !

But Mach3 is Software,It is a Tool  and Laptop an electronic Hardware  , all topics which brings us here to Sonsivri......

It maybe funny for someone but , there is a technical truth all of us should seek. And learn in doing it.

And the truth , in this case,...... MACH3 works pretty well on some Laptops..

I am on the second hour or so of a 3D printing job ( many, many, ....many thousands lines long ) managed by MACH3 running on a Thinkpad T-42 governing a 4 Axis DIY Desktop CNC Mill beeing modified with the necessary add ons to deliver 3D Printing ( Additive CNC build )

You can get an ready made 3D printer easy with embedded AVR controller , yes Sir , but the fun in getting all this going.......

I must add that , in case you forget modifying power profile before starting a job, when the Laptop tries to suspend or hibernate ,.... Windows XP gives out a pop up windows saying " Could not go to power supend mode because there is software not permitting it ,...." or something. And MACH3 goes on doing his bussiness....... That fellow is the Stepping driver for the LPT port wich is the base of MACH3 ( an Interrupt routine , ticks at 25000 Hz and consumes almost no Processor resource)

Well past 2 hours now, rock stable , stepping engine locked at 25384 Hz , T42 consuming avrg 38% processor, ( Pentium M 1.7 Mhz with , XP with 330 Mb RAM utilized, not even mild warm, power from outlet  35 Watt Total ( T42 ).

Greetings
Francisco

pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 10:33:35 10:33 »

Original Post was in wrong topic, this was posted in software topic.
Funny I thought about moving topic to electronic/hardware section, as it was originaliy hi-jacking the topic Mach3 software topic..
but when moving topic it fell into entertianment section, that said posts, that don't have solution or any detail other than "I have it working on my laptop" & "This"
FFS, if I said that one should generally not touch a live 50 kV electric transmission line, four forum weenies would have to start chattering about how to do it. Two would say they touch them daily with no problem. One would say he lets his children play on them.
Some valid points but no one posting in right section of board. Tongue

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...