Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:50:09 04:50

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [REQUEST] Mesh Topology For Wireless Sensor Network  (Read 4974 times)
Sobakava
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 0

« on: May 23, 2013, 09:16:31 09:16 »

Hi All,

I want to build short range Wireless Sensor Network based on ASK or FSK RF Transceivers. Recently I have used NRF9E5 from Nordic Semi. It has 32bit unique ID filter for receiving packets. Anyway, seems there are several similar ICs in the market.

What I want to do is, collect sensor readings from the field using my modules. But I also want to extend my coverage (range) with every node I install into the field. Each node should capable of being a repeater as well.

The distance between nodes could be up to 200-250meters. And I can't use ready-made mid range modules ie Xbee. I want to design it from scratch.  

anyone knows about a library, easy to implement protocol for this kind of approach?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:29:21 10:29 by pickit2 » Logged
monkey

Thank You
-Given: 74
-Receive: 10

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 11:17:17 23:17 »

That sounds like quite a challenge, and I understand that zigbee or ip based 6lowpan may be too complex.

To act as repeaters I see you have two options - either have the nodes act as "dumb" routers resending any packets not for them ( perhaps you can choose the addresses of each node so it has a fixed route table ( i.e. devices "know" what the layout of all the noes are and what node is adjacent ) or you have to make each node have its own "mini router" that has a "discovery" mode to poll and make a table of all its adjacent nodes and their rcvd signal strengths. This is a lot more complex.

So I suggest it would be much simpler if the layout is fixed and known as there would be no need for router "discovery".
Hope this helps a little...
hate
 Warned

Thank You
-Given: 156
-Receive: 355

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 10:58:12 22:58 »

I used 'mrf49xa' from microchip in the past. I don't know its range but I found it quite functional for a wireless node, you may consider. 'monkey' has a good point for system design and to design an efficient system from scratch, you'll need either a chip that is capable or a designer experienced with RF (that'll be you). So I suggest starting with a working system and breaking it into parts to redesign.

Regards...
mexpcb

Thank You
-Given: 35
-Receive: 211

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 04:25:57 16:25 »

another type of topology or approach is to learn a bit about MANET, those are for "nodes" with mobility but it's basically the same principle you wanted to have, some nodes may act in adhoc mode or repeater...

i have some books about wireless sensor if someone is interested please let me know....
movf_jmpz

Thank You
-Given: 8
-Receive: 4

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:27:09 22:27 »

Here is arduino based AVR implementation (HopeRF's RFM22) in C++ :

http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/RF22/index.html

millegps

Thank You
-Given: 38
-Receive: 3

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 08:42:45 20:42 »

Hello,

I suggest you to take a look to ti.com website, under wireless connectivity section.
They have at least 3 or 4 free stacks available.

SimpliciTI comes with full source code, so you can port to your platform, even if they have also ICs of course.

FYI, I used cc1101 in UHF band (868MHz) within your range

chicane

Thank You
-Given: 17
-Receive: 27

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 04:34:02 16:34 »

Looks like this is an old thread being responded to.

Just in case there is still interest, I would consider
checking out Contiki
Here is the wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contiki

The open source project webpage
http://www.contiki-os.org/

It's been awhile since I have kept up on this, looks like it keeps moving ahead.

There was also tinyOS (www.tinyos.net) but it has fallen behind the advancements contiki has made.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 04:38:10 16:38 by chicane » Logged
card_claud

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 2

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 08:31:32 20:31 »

I don´t know if add up something but there are the NRF24L01 as well, and Mr Brennen (http://blog.diyembedded.com/2007/06/tutorials-1-3-for-pic-completed.html) made available all C routines.

Cláudio.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...