Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:53:36 21:53

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: Energy Meter  (Read 12578 times)
r.vittalkiran

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 2

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:20 04:07 »

Thanks enzine,
i downloaded the pcb layouts from the above links. The one in the PDF file seems to be bit hard to understand. I'm not able to understand that, do you think an expert can understand where to place components. Since i don't have any machine, i'll probably goto a dealer/workshop where they can convert the pcb layout into PCB. I suppose, the computer/machine does all the job.

Link: http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/attachments/show.html?year=2004
File:Energy Meter - Both Pcbs (04107041 & 2) (PDF)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:27:25 10:27 by pickit2 » Logged
alexisnik

Thank You
-Given: 25
-Receive: 6

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 04:47:28 04:47 »

@alexisnik
Your ideas are very interesting, if you want I'd like to collaborate with you about The Energy Management System for Smart Home, innovative method for rationalize energy consumption in the home.

Thank you, I have thought about many features for this system! Right now I am swamped with other projects (which I get paid for Smiley  ), so as soon as I am free I plan to start development on this. Who knows, something good might come out of it!

Cheers,

Alex
Pasca

Thank You
-Given: 27
-Receive: 42

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 07:18:29 07:18 »

OK!!! I am here if you need.
Good job.

Bye
Pasca

More I know, more I need to know. Less I know, meglio sto!!!
enzine

Thank You
-Given: 643
-Receive: 57

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 08:15:20 20:15 »

an expert can understand where to place components.

Have a look at pag 53 - fig. 8 and pag.55  - fig.10 of EPE project in order to understand how to install parts on PCBs.

Good luck!

Ciao
r.vittalkiran

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 2

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 04:53:13 04:53 »

Have a look at pag 53 - fig. 8 and pag.55  - fig.10 of EPE project in order to understand how to install parts on PCBs.

Good luck!

Ciao

Oh thanks! should i have to place the components manually, or is there anyway i can do it with some machine? I'm new to this, so can i make it done somewhere for some dollars?
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 12:26:10 12:26 »

Oh thanks! should i have to place the components manually, or is there anyway i can do it with some machine? I'm new to this, so can i make it done somewhere for some dollars?
your link for energy meter on e-bay sold for $4.75 to $20, many sold.
you wanted to learn how to do it your self, but did not respond to advice given in posts ie: read app-notes from Atmel and Microchip.
now you want to farm out your project, pcb to be made by someone else, pcb to be stuffed by someone else, with auto placement machine (my place of enployment charge £1000 to set up such work)
how about testing to see if the product meets regulations, even for your own safety, do you by any chance stick your finger in to mains socket to test for power?
my advice is take up knitting, alot more rewarding than the posts I have read in this topic.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
Thiru09
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 383
-Receive: 1164

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 06:43:43 18:43 »

Dear Mr. Kiran,

First, study the design posted by Pasca and provided application notes. Leave the whole project construction for a while.
Construct small part of it, say, inputs section, do some experiments, and understand the application thoroughly.
Ask doubts, if any, regarding the design.

Though you can manage the electronics part, it may be difficult to obtain the mechanical enclosure (poly-carbonate or metal), terminals etc.

Better buy the ready made product, if you have any urgency.

do you by any chance stick your finger in to mains socket to test for power?
Wink

Regards,
Thiru
enzine

Thank You
-Given: 643
-Receive: 57

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 09:10:18 21:10 »

@ r.vittalkiran
I hope not to offend your sensibilities, but honestly, given the questions you ask,
you probably do not have all the skills to carry out this project.

In this case, buy this instrument and begins to realize simple projects and especially projects that operate with low voltages (less than 30V).

I repeat, having your health care, in this project are lethal voltages present !!!.
Be careful!

Ciao
alexisnik

Thank You
-Given: 25
-Receive: 6

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 10:58:22 22:58 »

I agree.

I would say that I am quite experienced with electronics, but with high voltages you really have to know what you are doing! You can cause great damage if you are not careful, and more importantly, you could get seriously injured. This is the main reason I want to start this project when I have the time, and not be in a hurry.

My personal advice is to first study very carefully before you try anything!
Pasca

Thank You
-Given: 27
-Receive: 42

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 12:08:20 00:08 »

I do not hide the fact that in developing this project once I got the electric shock and another time I accidentally damaged a display that has touched the container connected to earth. yet I have 30 years of experience.
The caution with this type of project is never enough.
Bye
Pasca

More I know, more I need to know. Less I know, meglio sto!!!
nordiceng

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 11

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 03:15:27 15:15 »

I suggest to visit analog devices website and there you will find a lot of new energy meters (SAMRT METERS)
jumulab

Thank You
-Given: 91
-Receive: 74

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 03:25:10 15:25 »

Hi all,
the device that you have seen in ebay is a commonly named sub-metering, an energy meter to
make measures in a home environment, not for tariff and billing purposes or to be used by an
supplier.
You have some good examples in NXP and other not mentioned in Texas Instrumenst with their
MSP430 family. Look at :
http://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/microcontroller/16-bit_msp430/end_equipment/smart_metering.page?DCMP=MSP430Metering&HQS=Other+EM+430metering

And for NXP sub-metering  with ARM devices : see NXP EM783.
Today all the manufacturers have application notes and devices for this purposes.
It is very easy to make the digital signal processing with an microcontroller with an AD converter.
whit only 8 bits  and a little OP. AMPs and good current trafos you can build an energy meter
better than 1% class.
Ret12_12

Thank You
-Given: 104
-Receive: 32

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 07:46:42 19:46 »

Hi i have found this if helps and it is not too late ... http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/applications/homeenergy
http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/buildingblocks/how-to-build-an-arduino-energy-monitor

I have test the current and working :-)

PS for 5V i use i set the bellow values
emon1.current(3, 61.600);             // Current: input pin, calibration. - 33 ohm
ehnonymouse

Thank You
-Given: 15
-Receive: 13

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 10:06:36 22:06 »

Texas instruments also have some interesting MSP-430 microcontrollers for energy measurement. Olimex have some MSP-430 development products
monkey

Thank You
-Given: 74
-Receive: 10

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2013, 10:27:30 10:27 »

Freescale have two energy meter designs, using the Kinetis mcu but you need ask local sales rep for the design files.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDHC08DPM&fsrch=1&sr=3
nordiceng

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 11

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 07:44:28 19:44 »

please who have information about smart energy meter
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...