Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:20:44 05:20

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HC-SR04 ultrasonic range finder (max 4000mm)  (Read 4559 times)
thunderer

Thank You
-Given: 19
-Receive: 69

I try to be patient

« on: May 29, 2013, 03:03:50 03:03 »

Hi all,
I built some time ago a "range finder" based on the cheap ultrasonic module HC-SR04 (max 4000mm). I wrote a small program in Mikrobasic and have the result displayed on a 8x2 LCD. A PIC 16F630 is the brain behind all.

I found some people were interested in this project, so here it is shared with you. I am available for questions, but I guess all is so simple... Source, HEX, schematic, PCB in Eagle (see attached) and some explanations on my blog (including pictures with finished project and a small video).

Feel free to customize your PCB as per your needs.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:05:53 03:05 by thunderer » Logged

Interested and hopefully helpful in: DC brushed motor control (mainly R/C - PPM/PWM), analog audio, PIC (mikrobasic PRO). Feel free to ask, and if I can, I will help. But only on forum topics, any started private conversation will continue in a public topic.
f22kma

Thank You
-Given: 22
-Receive: 10

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:31:21 23:31 »

What accuracy have you achieved and how did you measure it? In a confined space, were there effects from multiple signal return paths?
thunderer

Thank You
-Given: 19
-Receive: 69

I try to be patient

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:43:49 23:43 »

You have to understand that we speak about a $1.5 module. I measure with a ruler (this is how I calibrated), and you have to point the signal perpendicular on the object. Any angle will give you any reading. The object has to be big enough.

Interested and hopefully helpful in: DC brushed motor control (mainly R/C - PPM/PWM), analog audio, PIC (mikrobasic PRO). Feel free to ask, and if I can, I will help. But only on forum topics, any started private conversation will continue in a public topic.
Catcatcat

Thank You
-Given: 276
-Receive: 1536

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 04:36:49 04:36 »

I also experimented with the modules. I have a maximum range of measurement was not more than 3 meters. Accurate to within one centimeter. Very wide angle capture. In the video, 1.74 meters is the distance from the surface of the table to the ceiling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDSJlmL5ZSU

http://catcatcat.d-lan.dp.ua/en/skachat/primeryi-postroeniya-koda-programm-dlya-pic-kontrollerov/izmerenie-rasstoyaniya-pri-pomoshhi-ultrazvukovogo-modulya-hc-sr04/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...