Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:57:49 21:57

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What EEPROM in PIC used for ?  (Read 3525 times)
iphone

Thank You
-Given: 115
-Receive: 10

« on: September 05, 2007, 06:58:33 06:58 »

Hi friends,

Need to know ... what is EEPROM used in PIC for ?. I know EEPROM stand for Electrical Erasable Programming ROM but I need to know what's the purpose or where it going to be used in PIC?

I ask this because some of PIC dont have EEPROM ( EEPROM = 0 byte) ie PIC18F4410 & PICF4510 and the best thing about this PIC (without EEPROM) that's its cheaper than PIC with EEPROM. If it just minor used and can solve it in other method (and not effect my project) , I will use it as I need to lower the cost as much as possible.

Any instruction (ie in proton) that must be used on PIC with EEPROM ?

More explanation greatly appreciated.

Thanks
samir
 Muted

Thank You
-Given: 27
-Receive: 21

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 09:35:10 09:35 »

Hi friends,

Need to know ... what is EEPROM used in PIC for ?. I know EEPROM stand for Electrical Erasable Programming ROM but I need to know what's the purpose or where it going to be used in PIC?

I ask this because some of PIC dont have EEPROM ( EEPROM = 0 byte) ie PIC18F4410 & PICF4510 and the best thing about this PIC (without EEPROM) that's its cheaper than PIC with EEPROM. If it just minor used and can solve it in other method (and not effect my project) , I will use it as I need to lower the cost as much as possible.

Any instruction (ie in proton) that must be used on PIC with EEPROM ?

More explanation greatly appreciated.

Thanks
normally EEPROM are used for storing system configuration option  e.g set point on temperature entered by user because you can't save them in volatile ram for next power on use.
puta
 Muted

Thank You
-Given: 358
-Receive: 29

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 10:13:02 10:13 »

EEPROM Data Memory is one of the special features of the PIC and some other micros. This is a section of Memory not in the usual program memory space. It is a block of data like the user files, but
unlike the user files the data in the EEPROM Data Memory is saved when
the microcontroller is switched off, i.e. it is non-volatile.

Suppose operation of an intelligent washing machine and we lost a power (so to the controller circuit) during a middle of a washing cycle. If we stored the latest status of it's operational condition in EEPROM then we could load our last state and continue the operation from there when the power comes back, without washing the clothes from the begining twice.
iphone

Thank You
-Given: 115
-Receive: 10

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 03:30:53 15:30 »

So that mean ... if no data to be saved during running then I dont need eeprom PIC, right ? ... and it will cut the cost (PIC without eeprom cheaper).

Ok, thank for infos.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...