The Godfather talking
This is god damn my place! Capisci?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:14:21 12:14

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: question about bluetooth v4 ble112  (Read 4769 times)
TucoRamirez

Thank You
-Given: 257
-Receive: 115

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« on: February 11, 2013, 04:34:16 16:34 »

hi,

i will buy a ble112a, but i havent found anywhere on the datasheet about the option of communication with the device via usart only (i mean withouth touching the internal mcu of the circuit )   ...  is it not enabled by default???

If yes, can i use the same commands via uart that i used with oem bluetooth v2 Huh

best regards!!

Whoever double crosses me and leaves me alive... he understands nothing about Tuco.
Gallymimu

Thank You
-Given: 151
-Receive: 214

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:14:32 22:14 »

I don't understand your question but I use the BLE112A so I know it very well... I am assuming you mean the ble112 from bluegiga.  

Try to rephrase the question and I should be able to answer it.  Do you mean the internal 8051 core on the module?  Are you trying to avoid configuring the BLE112 completely?  You do still have to set up the hardware so that it knows you want to communicate over the UART, what speed, and which pins.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:17:47 22:17 by Gallymimu » Logged
TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:28:09 01:28 »

ok , sorry my weirdnglish !!!

Does the ble112 comes with a preloaded firmware that allows direct use of uart for testing / direct external mcu data exchange?? (i read about that in one blog but i can't confirm ( the ble is on its way to my room ^^ in few days) (and is kinda expensive to me compared to the very useful pickit3 ^^ )

(principally because i have no ccdebugger at hand ... (otherwise i could rework some part of my target system inside if not all, anyway the xml part and posterior loading is still confusing me -i begin to study the way to do and is still w.e.i.r.d. to me- )

and if if the use of the debugger is mandatory, is there any chinese cheapo clone or whatever ?  or i gotta use only the ccdebugger module??

(i hope it's human readable now ^^ )

Whoever double crosses me and leaves me alive... he understands nothing about Tuco.
Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:44:28 03:44 »

Okay I understand now.

I am pretty sure you need to use the CCdebugger to install the stack and the configuration that you want to use.  The API can't configure a lot of the hardware settings.  Hardware.xml is the most important one but there are a lot of important config options in the other XML files.

We use bare minimum configuration and do everything over UART with API but we still have to program the initial firmware.

I don't know if there is a "default" configuration that is usable when you buy it.  You might have to ask bluegiga what comes preloaded.

I'm not aware of a cheapo CCDebugger, but TI gave me a dev kit with a CCDebugger for free.

If you can get the CCDebugger, the BLE112 is REALLY AWESOME!!!
TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 07:53:51 07:53 »

they give you one for free?  how?  how many tons of msp430 did you bought ?? ^^     anyway i left the debug pins on my stickboard ...

my first step is just to use the uart, then i 'm expecting to use the whole mcu ( well, if they force me to buy the debuggger ^^  i'll be 'happy' to became TIed ^^
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:57:44 07:57 by TucoRamirez » Logged

TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 01:58:54 01:58 »

Okay I understand now.

I am pretty sure you need to use the CCdebugger to install the stack and the configuration that you want to use.  The API can't configure a lot of the hardware settings.  Hardware.xml is the most important one but there are a lot of important config options in the other XML files.

We use bare minimum configuration and do everything over UART with API but we still have to program the initial firmware.

I don't know if there is a "default" configuration that is usable when you buy it.  You might have to ask bluegiga what comes preloaded.

I'm not aware of a cheapo CCDebugger, but TI gave me a dev kit with a CCDebugger for free.

If you can get the CCDebugger, the BLE112 is REALLY AWESOME!!!

update!  next week i'll have the ccdebugger, can i ask you then some tips to survive to that new mcu Huh

best regards Wink

Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 04:55:30 04:55 »

update!  next week i'll have the ccdebugger, can i ask you then some tips to survive to that new mcu Huh

best regards Wink

There are not any tips or tricks I don't think.  If you follow the tutorials and instructions from bluegiga it is very easy to use.  they also have some good examples.  If you have specific questions I can try to answer.
TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 05:30:30 17:30 »

ok, ccdebugger arrived today !!

I flashed a testocde on my dummy breakbboard ...  programming ok but just one moronic question

My elitebook 8570w can't recognize it !!!     This pc is said to support BT4+ EDR ...  but does it support BLE..Huh 

Or i need a eyephone or a dongle to hear it??? ( i flashed the uartdemo btw )

Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 07:52:38 19:52 »

ok, ccdebugger arrived today !!

I flashed a testocde on my dummy breakbboard ...  programming ok but just one moronic question

My elitebook 8570w can't recognize it !!!     This pc is said to support BT4+ EDR ...  but does it support BLE..Huh 

Or i need a eyephone or a dongle to hear it??? ( i flashed the uartdemo btw )

I can't say for sure.  I do know that the new apple devices will see the BLE112, but I don't know about your elitebook.  I use the blugiga BLE USB dongle and their BLEGUI software for initial testing.

I think may devices that have bluetooth 4.0 or specific BLE  support don't have good drivers (like many of the android phones have BLE but there isn't any good software support in android yet).
TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 09:08:21 21:08 »

ok, i'll wait for the dongle, in the meantime i'll blink some leds ^^

:p

Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 02:58:16 02:58 »

good luck let me know how it goes.

BTW, the current stack release (v55) doesn't work well with multiple slaves.  They sent me a pre-release of v64 which works great for single master multi-slave.

v64 also requires a license key in the ble112 module.  Only very old modules are missing the license and bluegiga will send you the license if you send them your module serial number.
TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 08:34:36 08:34 »

don't worry, in the meantime i need only the ble to work as a uart to BT4 interface with an existent testmodule,  then i'll think about embedding the whole app ...

TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 05:51:23 17:51 »

update, i blinked one led ... worked

then i tried to blink another leds but i couldnt ... then i checked out the hardware xml configs and the problem was ... a serial port interferring my leds ...

i changed that declaration and now i'm ok with blinks and conditional stuff... now i ll test the ADC Smiley

Gallymimu

Thank You

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 08:36:00 20:36 »

Very cool.

I didn't use much of the hardware.  I only used it to communicate serial data from an external processor over BLE using GATT Notify.
TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 11:04:08 11:04 »

could you help me a little bit with that?  i dont understand all the points of the gatt file Cry  btw i'm testing right now the pwm module and uart only, 

the only trouble i had with pwm was that each time it's updated it remains on high mode ... or maybe i'm stoopydium  to misconfigure that ^^

i put on the begining (boot event)

Code:
#PWM!!
speed=1
call hardware_timer_comparator(1, 0, 6, 1500)
call hardware_timer_comparator(1, 4, 6, speed) 

then  after a 1 second timer event tick i update my speed variable

Code:
#Timer event listener
event hardware_soft_timer(handle)

call hardware_timer_comparator(1, 4, 6, speed) 

speed=speed+10
   if speed>1499
      speed = 1
   end if

anyway i'll check it with the oscilloscope later, i'm kinda confused bout what my eyes are ...

TucoRamirez

Thank You

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 01:31:06 13:31 »

hello again,

i sucessfully get detected my device by my elitebook but i cant read anything, theres no virtual port created as long as i have no drivers for my device found by the windows ass-is-stand ...

do you have any idea of how to solve this (i still have no iphone5 or bled112 Cry in my hands )

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...