Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:41:18 06:41

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: No need random warez content  (Read 8816 times)
SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 405

« on: December 04, 2012, 03:57:34 15:57 »

We don't need random warez content posted in our forum, if it's easy to find. Windows 8 is example to that. It's not against rules yet, but I expect you won't share "everywhere available" content.

- Houston, we have a problem.
Old_but_Alive

Thank You
-Given: 699
-Receive: 118

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 04:52:06 16:52 »

about bloody time.

this site was turning into just a link to other sites stuff.

lets keep it for friends who are into electronics etc.

I fought Ohm's Law ...  and the law won
I only use Mosfets because I have a Bipolar mental disorder :-)
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 07:54:28 19:54 »

@Old-but_Alive: I think there's nothing wrong with indexing ALL stuff relevant to electronics here. One stop shopping. You find it, it's relevant, it doesn't exist here in its current revision, then update, post, etc as long as the links are good. Books, tools, projects, CAD, libraries, IP...why not? Original stuff goes up as a text attachment. There's a ton of stuff on Persian and Chinese sites...heck if most of us can get at it, but there are members here who can bring it over, and should, IMO (those I think should be text attachments as well), ideally rehosted.

However, I agree that "pdf editor this", "Windows X.y", and "MS Word" are readily available and are not needed for one stop shopping within the electronics and development specialty of the membership here. The usual suspects in posting this kind of stuff are newbies who seem to be confused that this is a warez site, which it is not, and posting material that's not here for a reason. Besides, it's better for Sonsivri not to be on the radar of aggressive "Big Software", IMO, and to stay on track of promoting learning, sharing, and actually promoting the purchase of things like tools, books, and papers, when they prove useful or are to be used for commercial development.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:56:39 19:56 by solutions » Logged
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 09:19:02 21:19 »

Same goes for E-books, just doing a copy&paste from an e-book site and using the same password and links from that site is not welcome.
we all know good e-book sites, one such site use the password = www.freebookspot.com
too many members have post these here, we don't need to clutter sonsivri with these posts.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
optikon
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 1092
-Receive: 1999

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:49 01:45 »

I personally, appreciate *on topic* additional mirrors/links for EDA or electronics/CAD related.
Sometimes some additional file hosts are easier to use for some people from different countries, each experience is different.
If no external repost links becomes a rule, you will force everyone to upload content on their own to their own file hosts. That's nice in theory,
but hardly anybody will do it. - file sharing will come to almost non-existent.

That being said, I think it is fair to limit posts to *ON TOPIC* electronics. So Windows 8 and PDF converters can go into trash can or off topic forum.

I can explain this to you. I can't comprehend it for you.
Sideshow Bob
Cracking Team

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 959

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 06:27:06 18:27 »

Same goes for E-books, just doing a copy&paste from an e-book site and using the same password and links from that site is not welcome.
we all know good e-book sites, one such site use the password = www.freebookspot.com
too many members have post these here, we don't need to clutter sonsivri with these posts.
It is kind of thin line then it comes to E-Books. I can not see anything wrong in re-posting. If you find a good book. And want to share this with others. What I like with this site is that stream of E-Books links are kind of filtered then they end up here. Links also have a shelf life, they die out soner or later. So what is wrong in posting new links then requested. Even if they are not your own links. I know some members just do a copy and paste in order to just boost the number of postings. But I think this is more a problem in the software sections than the E-Book section.
I can agree on that basic PDF converters and standard Windows version might not be so atractive. But I found the low footprint Sonsivri version of XP and Windows 7 quite useful. So I think we must have some openings for that kind of software. 

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...