The Godfather talking
You may crack software. How about me?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:39:58 13:39

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pickit3 and 32MX795 problem  (Read 5341 times)
demure

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 19

« on: March 26, 2013, 05:58:58 17:58 »

Hi everyone;
I bought clone pk3. It works. it prorammed 32MX440F256 but  it didn't program 32mx795 series.
I changed dat file. result is same
Can everyone help me?
Thanks
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 11:03:31 23:03 »

I bought clone pk3. It works.

Good..

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
TucoRamirez

Thank You
-Given: 257
-Receive: 115

Tuco ... dead or Alive

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:39:41 02:39 »

Some "honest" cloners posts the compatibility list of known devices supported by their cheapos ...  have you checked it?   Or ... where did you bought it??? 

Whoever double crosses me and leaves me alive... he understands nothing about Tuco.
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 02:56:11 02:56 »

Is the firmware of the clone can be upgraded by MPLAB? If yes then perhaps you need to install a newer MPLAB.

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
vovchik02

Thank You
-Given: 43
-Receive: 13

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 07:28:48 07:28 »

PicKIT3 good work with PIC32 uC.
Compare SCH your clone with original PDF from Microchip.
Delillusions

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 2

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 12:38:40 12:38 »

I have an Original Pickit 3 and I used it with 32mx795 with success.  The Pickit 3 is every time download the necessary firmware for the MCU you are choose to use. It uses a different firmware for every MCU family, unlike Pickit 2 where you used the same firmware for PIC18 and dsPICs, ... etc. If your clone doesn't download firmware in MPLAB, then you have a real problem. Then you have to find a way to manually put the firmware in your clone.
demure

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 19

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 02:41:54 14:41 »

I compared original sch. There are same. Maybe firmware problem. I will try to upgrading firmware
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 11:42:15 23:42 »

You would NEED to upload suitable firmware to PICKIT3 - EVERY TIME you change processor.
Do not try, do it!

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
Delillusions

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 09:16:38 09:16 »

If you connecting you PK3 to the MPLAB and it won't update your firmware then you should try using the "PICkit 3 GUI and Scripting Tool" it uses a different kind of firmware. It's worth a try.
I heard about clone programmers and I already have some too (I made most of them from schematics and used already made hex files (STK500, USBasp, AVRISP MKII, PICKIT 2, BusBlaster V4.1, ...etc.)), but I never heard that  anybody made a working PK3. The PK2 was easier since it's always using just 1 firmware for every PIC, but the PK3 using different firmwares for different MCU and it's downloading it trough the MPLAB from the Microchip servers.
koseyel

Thank You
-Given: 500
-Receive: 224

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 09:31:27 21:31 »

If you connecting you PK3 to the MPLAB and it won't update your firmware then you should try using the "PICkit 3 GUI and Scripting Tool" it uses a different kind of firmware. It's worth a try.
I heard about clone programmers and I already have some too (I made most of them from schematics and used already made hex files (STK500, USBasp, AVRISP MKII, PICKIT 2, BusBlaster V4.1, ...etc.)), but I never heard that  anybody made a working PK3. The PK2 was easier since it's always using just 1 firmware for every PIC, but the PK3 using different firmwares for different MCU and it's downloading it trough the MPLAB from the Microchip servers.

The point is the PICkit2 firmware and software are available on the Microchip site and that made it easier for cloning. This is not the case for PICkit3. Even the "PICkit 3 GUI and Scripting Tool" is still beta.
And you have that warning on the Microchip site: Note: The PICkit 3 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer is NOT a production programmer. It should be used for development purposes only.
Delillusions

Thank You

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 12:13:42 12:13 »

The point is the PICkit2 firmware and software are available on the Microchip site and that made it easier for cloning. This is not the case for PICkit3. Even the "PICkit 3 GUI and Scripting Tool" is still beta.
And you have that warning on the Microchip site: Note: The PICkit 3 In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer is NOT a production programmer. It should be used for development purposes only.
Hi!
 I know that the PK3 GUI is still Beta, but if it's helps him, then it's worth a try. I made the PK2 clone just for fun, and I already had all the necessary components, but I have an original PK3 too. I'm using the PK3 and the clones that I have for personal homemade projects only. What demure wants to do with the PK3 is none of my concern. I'm just trying to give some ideas. Maybe some will help him.
movf_jmpz

Thank You
-Given: 8
-Receive: 4

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 06:08:15 18:08 »

I'm using original Pickit3 for over a year now, never had any problems. I've considered buying el cheapo version of PK3, but found not worth it. It is all about buffer/level translators stage of programmer...

That consideration wasn't a thing when it was to ICD2 & ICD3. Since ICD3 is using FPGA and is practically non-clonable in reasonable amount of $$$, ICD2 was only answer. But limited device support forced me to switch into lowest price option - PK3.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...