The Godfather talking
You think I am funny guy huh?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:00:28 06:00

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HELP!, Trouble receiving DTMF with MT8880  (Read 2983 times)
agiofelipe

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

« on: August 04, 2007, 07:48:02 19:48 »

I'm having some trouble with the reception of DTMF tones using the MT8880AE DTMF Transceiver from Mitel.
The chip does detect the DTMF tones. I can see the strobe output changing when DTMF are present, however, the interrupt pin never changes it's state. I've configured and re-configured the registers but it doesn't work. I have the pull-up resistor, dont't bother asking about that. Note that the code is different from the currently available MT8880CE. Can this be the problem???.  Please help!!!!!
hate
 Warned

Thank You
-Given: 156
-Receive: 355

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 10:11:41 22:11 »

Don't know which code you are talking about if you can post your code I can comment on it. Does your strobe  pin always goes high when a DTMF signal is present or goes high for short periods and low again if that's the situation maybe you are using single ended input if so try using double ended input. Single ended input is open to every kind of noise! In case your interrupt pin is connected to any input to a MCU did you check the state of your input pin if it's a tristate input or an output maybe? Try replacing 8880 in case it's damaged. That's what I can guess with the avaible information if you want further help, please post your schematics and code!

Regards...

Regards...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...