Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:55:48 07:55

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MikroC PRO for PIC for beginner  (Read 17940 times)
vantusaonho

Thank You
-Given: 22
-Receive: 21

« on: September 12, 2012, 01:49:29 01:49 »

I have been used Pic microcontroller in several years. I also used CCS, MPLAB to program Pic but when I use Mikro, it really make me supprise!. Easy to learn, easy to use. So I would like to share my knowledge about MikroC.
The microcontroller that I presents in this post is PIC16F887 which is so common.
Now let's begin!
Tutorial 1: Creat new Project and make a acquainted

- You need download MikroC PRO for Pic compiler. It's available at Mikroelektronika site in evaluation version. After that, you can get cracked in this forum.
- After installing the software, you launch it then you will see the window as following:

if there is any thing which appearing, you click Project menu,choose Close Project to close it

- Begin a new Project: you click Project menu again, click New Project, a window will appear, you click Next button in this window
  Then you choose your microcontroller in the second step at Device Name, this example pick 16F887, click Next to jump over
  in the thrid step, you specify the speed of xtal at Device clock, I type 20.000 for xtal 20MHz, then click Next button
  Step 4: you specify the director of the folder that save your project
  Step 5: you jump over without change anything
  Step 6: you pick the radio button at Include None
  Step 7: And the last, you click Finish button

And the window will appear as following:

Your code will be placed between symbol "{" and "}"

Tutorial 2: Programming input - output  see attached file

Next tutorial will be basic C languages.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:18:13 06:18 by vantusaonho » Logged
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 05:26:36 05:26 »

I assume this will be interactive, given the format you're putting it up in? Or do we just shutup and watch?

I do assembler, so show me it's not scary and is realtime useful....did BASIC a long time ago, FORTRASH on punch cards and mainframe (aka "cloud" for you kids) before that.

Those pictures may bring the server to its knees, though.

How about posting these tutorial screens as PDF attachments instead of out in the open....a Sonsivri members perk? Also lets us put it in a folder/library which I like to do for reference materials.
CocaCola

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 232

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:22:54 06:22 »

I do assembler, so show me it's not scary and is realtime useful....did BASIC a long time ago, FORTRASH on punch cards and mainframe (aka "cloud" for you kids) before that.

Any high level language is useful for easier cross platform porting, and rapid development...  Assembly is the cream of the crop in optimization but one has to admit it's far from user friendly to learn and that level of optimization is not needed in a vast majority of applications...  I still do most of my micro programming in BASIC, it's just easier and faster for me...  I'll keep an eye on this, I dabble in C, but I'm far from proficient maybe I might learn a trick or two that I have been too lazy to learn by other means...
vantusaonho

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 07:55:35 07:55 »

How about posting these tutorial screens as PDF attachments instead of out in the open....a Sonsivri members perk? Also lets us put it in a folder/library which I like to do for reference materials.
I will make a PDF attach file for next tutorial

I assume this will be interactive, given the format you're putting it up in? Or do we just shutup and watch?
I think C languages is easy to use than assembler for advance project
Unhappy

Thank You
-Given: 984
-Receive: 100

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 05:00:12 17:00 »

I will make a PDF attach file for next tutorial
I think C languages is easy to use than assembler for advance project
This what I was looking for some time. Thankyou for your very wise initiative, and hope its going to be good tutorials for novices like me
vantusaonho

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 03:44:50 03:44 »

I posted a new tutorial for programming pic16F887. Post here any question to ask me
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...