Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:02:31 09:02

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Let AVR or 8051 fly with Wi-Fi  (Read 5169 times)
Leo2010
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 3
-Receive: 0

« on: January 04, 2012, 04:04:43 16:04 »

I am now using a Wi-Fi module manufactured by Redpine Signals, SPI interface, yesterday I successfully connected my AVR (ATmega16) to Wi-Fi.

This is the first step, then many applications can be developed.

VoIP, VoWiFi, SIP protocol....

Jesus, never enter into a brand-new project unless you are prepared for the impact from such a lot of new protocols... Sad
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:27:48 22:27 »

I don't understand you, do you mean it has no software stack for ATMEL? to interface the product with the MCU with ready C functions to make it easier for users to use the product?
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:53:09 22:53 »

I am now using a Wi-Fi module manufactured by Redpine Signals, SPI interface, yesterday I successfully connected my AVR (ATmega16) to Wi-Fi.
Congratulations.

Are you planning to share the

code
methodology
tools

here that you used to get the WiFi working, including the datasheet for the chip?

It's the expectation by everyone in this section of the site. I'd also lose the "8051" in the title, since you did this on an AVR.

A word of kind advice: don't start off as a newbie by pissing people off with ads, irrelevant topic titles, and brags; especially the mods.

We look forward to your sharing of your great results here.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:57:18 22:57 by solutions » Logged
Leo2010
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 3
-Receive: 0

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 01:57:48 13:57 »

Congratulations.

Are you planning to share the

code
methodology
tools

here that you used to get the WiFi working, including the datasheet for the chip?

It's the expectation by everyone in this section of the site. I'd also lose the "8051" in the title, since you did this on an AVR.

A word of kind advice: don't start off as a newbie by pissing people off with ads, irrelevant topic titles, and brags; especially the mods.

We look forward to your sharing of your great results here.

Yes, I am planning to share my project when I finished it.

In fact, make one Wi-Fi module work is not enough, I am trying to transfer voice signals that sampled by external ADC via Wi-Fi to PC, then the program running on PC can handle the data of the voice.

Posted on: January 05, 2012, 02:55:48 14:55 - Automerged

I don't understand you, do you mean it has no software stack for ATMEL? to interface the product with the MCU with ready C functions to make it easier for users to use the product?

I didn't mean that, of course you can use third-party TCP/IP stack to realize the Wi-Fi connection, but if there exists a module which includes TCP/IP stack, then it would be easy to configure and use.
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 06:27:57 18:27 »

...but if there exists a module which includes TCP/IP stack, then it would be easy to configure and use.

Roving Networks RN171 or RN121 (with on board antenna).

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
solutions

Thank You
-Given: 655
-Receive: 900

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 04:20:10 04:20 »

Yes, I am planning to share my project when I finished it.

In fact, make one Wi-Fi module work is not enough,

For those people who have better things to do than worry about a small WiFi block in their system design, what you have is great - no need to finish YOUR project, but what you've learned and debugged is useful to people working on their own thing before you finish your project.

In others words, you have a useful, generic, building block working, and you came here to tell us this in a thread that currently has ZERO useful content - why wait?

Thanks
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...