Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:46:43 16:46

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ELAB-080 Review, is it good?  (Read 3277 times)
jvcastel

Thank You
-Given: 21
-Receive: 7

« on: June 22, 2007, 11:54:38 23:54 »

Hello!

First of all I want to apologize if I´m posting this message in the wrong forum, I checked all of them and this is the only one related to hardware so if it needs to be placed somewhere else please, please let me know!

Have any of you worked with the ELAB-080? This is an "electronics lab on a PC" that can be hooked to the USB port of you computer and provides the following:

-Two channel 80 MHz sampling rate and 32K sample storage DSO and Spectrum Analyzer
-16 channel Logic Analyzer
-100 MHz, 10 bit Arbitrary Waveform Generator with 64K sample playback
-Dual programmable power supplies
-Dual programmable 1KHz - 150 MHz user clocks

More information about it at www.dynoninstruments.com

It looks with a lot of functions but all of them appears to be implemented very basic to me.
The DSO does not allow operations to the waveforms like adding (A+B), substracting (A-B) or XY plotting (A vs B).
The LA doesn't decode comunications protocols like I2C or one-wire nor disassebles opcodes.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated since I´m thinking in buying one. Or, if you know a similar instrument tah you can recommend, it will be greatly appreciated too!

As an idea, a thread for reviewing low-cost measuring instruments could be useful for all our friends that develop as a hobby. What do you think?
Thanks!

jvcastel
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...