Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:11:20 10:11

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Time limit to register when you are invited  (Read 5668 times)
Froggy

Thank You
-Given: 132
-Receive: 615

« on: April 11, 2011, 12:07:25 12:07 »

Hi alls  Wink

As you can see in my profile, i'm new here (less than 3 month) and i try my best to participate in this great forum

Recently, i get rights to invite in the invitation request section and i immediately invite 2 ones that are in my opinion nice to be invited.

1 registered and the 2nd one not (may be a disposable email address user)

About this second one: After a week or so (i don't really remember) i feel i did a bad choice and i delete the automatic message sent by the system, hoping that my invitation will be erased too (didn't work but not a big deal)

Recently, i get only 1 credit for invitation and i immediately use it (thanks he registered)

here come now why i do this thread:
i think (it's my opinion) that when you ask for an invitation here, you are looking regularly at your mail box to see if someone invited you.
So if you don't register in lets say 1 week after getting invited by a member, you lost the privilege to be a member.

And the member that use 1 credit will be able to use it for another one

Btw, (since i don't know,i ask here) is there a limited time to answer to an invitation? (if yes, must be long since i only get 1 credit after the 20 days mentioned in the how to invite thread)
what's happen when someone you invited don't register?

Do you think the italicized sentence written below is a good idea?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:09:51 12:09 by ouss76 » Logged
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 04:39:20 16:39 »

There is another side to this too. Your invite is accepted, and then the user is inactive. So they are in line for membership here to be deleted.
It’s not an easy thing to fix; also a lot of requests for membership here are not genuine, so when the request is made thats the end of request,
they don't follow up or sign in and if they do, its just they want to take, never give.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 405

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:56:28 20:56 »

There is a limit to accept invitation created. If 30 days passed on invite creation, it will expire and deleted.

Close procedure works on invitation request too. There is a time delay works. If user doesn't click the approval link within 2 days, the request will be deleted from database.

This is not what you ask I know. If your offer will do any good, I can code it. It's up to members.

- Houston, we have a problem.
Froggy

Thank You
-Given: 132
-Receive: 615

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 06:08:49 06:08 »

@ Pickit2: unfortunately you're so right about the activity...

@ Sonsivri: Thanks for your reply (no thanks button here). 30 days was a long delay! if someone really want to become a member and participate (or take...) he will jump on the link. Wait and see what other members thinks
SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 405

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 06:29:02 06:29 »

I saw several examples in the past guy is appeared after 20 days. It's because he was in a vacation.

- Houston, we have a problem.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...