Atmel Studio 6 is the integrated development environment (IDE) for developing and debugging Atmel ARM® Cortex™-M and Atmel AVR® microcontroller (MCU) based applications. The Atmel Studio 6 IDE gives you a seamless and easy-to-use environment to write, build and debug your applications written in C/C++ or assembly code.
Atmel Studio 6 is free of charge and comes with a large library of free source code — with 1,100 ARM and AVR project examples — to streamline your design process. Use the IDE for our wide variety of AVR and Cortex-M processor-based MCUs, including our broadened portfolio of Atmel SAM3 Cortex-M3 Flash devices.
Some Features of AVR Studio 6:
- It is a full software development environment with an editor, simulator, programmer, etc.
- It comes with its own integrated C compiler the AVR GNU C Compiler (GCC). As such you do not need a third party C compiler.
- It provides a single environment to develop programs for both the 8-bits, 32-bits and ARM Cortex-M AVR series of microcontrollers.
- It also integrates fully QTouch studio.
- Provides support for several programmers including the STK500, AVR Dragon, etc.