Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:25:09 10:25

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Author Topic: Help with simulator  (Read 9129 times)
TomJackson69

Thank You
-Given: 26
-Receive: 63

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 03:57:52 03:57 »

That is a good news, hope it will work on the real circuit.

Post what you find on your test.

Tom

Con Rong Chau Tien
TomJackson69

Thank You

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 07:21:08 19:21 »

Hi igeorge,

I am glad it works on the real circuit, and the original problem is solved. For controlling the heater is another project, and it was not part of detecting the heater element, that still works or broken. I think, the best for you is to come up with the idea, implement in the real circuit and than post your problem. Many members will be available to help you.

It seem like you want to carry on to a bigger project for your company for industry. Does your company have EE for designing those? How about your BOSS?

Anyways, good luck with the project, post problems with REAL CIRCUIT. SONSIVRI will help you. 

Tom

Con Rong Chau Tien
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 10:12:20 22:12 »

do I have it right you have 4 x 110 Watt 110V heaters.

if not how many and how many are on at anyone time (all on at once or switched load)

sounds like your making work, if you just need to find any that are not working.

post wiring of heaters only.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
TomJackson69

Thank You

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 10:44:41 22:44 »

pickit2,

I think he connect the light in parallel and want to know all are on or off (he use light to simulate the heater).

igeorge,

I need to know the output of the ASC (pin7) when you turn the light on. Since you are using phase control, the out put maybe difference. However, the AC component will be on the output when it is on.

Your project is going into another direction; it is completely difference than the original problem. Detecting the heater elements either work or broken with continuous AC current is difference than detecting the on/off heater elements.

For any oven that use heater element, there must be a thermal switch somewhere to turn on/off the heater (or controller circuit…). When the oven rich the preset temperature it will turn off, and it will turn on when the temperature fall below a temperature window. So, the heater will act like it’s broke even though it is not.

There is some logic involve to make the circuit to work with both CT and ASC.

Please think it over.

Tom

Con Rong Chau Tien
TomJackson69

Thank You

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 07:09:53 07:09 »

igeorge,

The LTC1996 looks good. I am waiting for the result of real circuit with CT in action.

Please note: Pay attention to the value of the burden resistor accross the CT. You may need higher value to get higher voltage if needed. Report the output of the LTC1996 when the TRIAC fire at small angle.

Tom

Con Rong Chau Tien
TomJackson69

Thank You

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 07:55:45 07:55 »

igeorge,

I will look at the circuit but in the mean time I would like to inject just an idea. Would it be simpler if you use the thermal coupler? You place the thermal coupler on the heater element (isolation of course); if the heater is on than the temperature must be higher than the oven temperature. Therefore, the heater is working. If the heater has the same temperature with the oven, than the heater is broke (or it does not get the current goes through). Type K Thermal Coupler can withstand high heat and is easy to use. Buy a roll of Type K Thermal Coupler and use it for a long time.

It is just a thought; you may want to look into. I think it will be less part and less wiring.

Let me know what you think.

Tom

Con Rong Chau Tien
TomJackson69

Thank You

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 05:15:16 17:15 »

igeorge,

For the SMD diode, there is no 1206 body (as I know). You can find some in SOD-80, SC-90, SOD323F, SOT-233  …

In your case, I think a 1N914 would do. If Vf is a problem than select the device with low VF.

Tom

Con Rong Chau Tien
TomJackson69

Thank You

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 04:59:03 04:59 »

Here is your TRIGGERED scope circuit. I don't work on your circuit, only add a resistor to see a voltage on the output.

Tom

Con Rong Chau Tien
Pages: 1 [2]  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...