Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:57:23 16:57

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: IDE for WinAVR!  (Read 7395 times)
avralam

Thank You
-Given: 153
-Receive: 30

« on: March 12, 2011, 08:03:05 20:03 »

IDE for WinAVR working on the old PC too. Needed Framework 3.5 for work.
http://code.google.com/p/avr-project-ide/
 Works well on my old Dell Latitude CPt (400MHz,192MB ram, trimmed XP SP3)
DarkClover

Thank You
-Given: 37
-Receive: 60

Still alive...

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 10:45:44 22:45 »

Wow another IDE for WinAVR? Sounds very interesting.
But if you need a leightweight editor and small interface, why don't use ProgrammersNotepad ?

However, I'll give it a try because there are some I dislike at PN.

Not thinking means to believe what others say!
TRY & ERROR... the fundamental principle our existence is based on
avralam

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 10:45:20 10:45 »

Sry, I dont like PN and playng with make. In AVRProject IDE You can make new project in little Wizard and there is  settings for AVRDUDE programmers and fuses.
thavali

Thank You
-Given: 44
-Receive: 145

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:37:27 03:37 »

can use Eclipse as a IDE for AVR
DreamCat

Thank You
-Given: 223
-Receive: 116

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:18:23 08:18 »

I just tested it , but there is some bug.

May be I expressed the wrong meaning, sorry for my bad english. Please correct it for me if you can.
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 08:32:34 08:32 »

The new AVRStudio is fine, still beta, but only windows is supported.
avralam

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 08:45:09 20:45 »

I just tested it , but there is some bug.
Working with AVRProject IDE few months but cannot see any bug. In Options or where?
New AVR STudio is TOO BIG  for little 8bit AVR. Like Russian Katjusha for spider.
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 08:38:15 08:38 »

The new IDE from microchip is bloated as well, it is also too big for, say PIC12F629.

I see that most new IDEs try to support more different controller platforms in each environment.
Some support most OSs, and some don't. Do you really care about the size these IDEs take on your HDD?

But AVR windows users seem to be satisfied with the new AVRStudio. Atmel itself is taking care of the free dev. environment including a compiler. That's a good thing for many people.
wellnerson1

Thank You
-Given: 33
-Receive: 152

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 12:24:36 12:24 »

The hex code size generated by AVR Studio 5 is too Big when compared with the size generated through Programmers Notepad. Also i explored to set the F_CPU in Studio5 but find no place may be i'm unaware. Also the simulator is not available for Atmel mega16,8 ....
hate
 Warned

Thank You
-Given: 156
-Receive: 355

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 10:08:23 10:08 »

The hex code size generated by AVR Studio 5 is too Big when compared with the size generated through Programmers Notepad. Also i explored to set the F_CPU in Studio5 but find no place may be i'm unaware. Also the simulator is not available for Atmel mega16,8 ....
AVR Strudio and PN are both IDEs not compilers. Regarding a C compiler AVR Studio v4 and PN in general use the GCC compiler for AVR (Win version is called WinAVR). The code size difference may occur because of version or optimize settings difference both of which can be matched. I don't know what v5 have as a C compiler though, if it uses a different vendor discard what I said.

For an IDE I prefer http://www.codeblocks.org/. Main reason for this is the fact that it can be configured to use lots of different compilers including compilers for AVR, PIC, 8051, MSP430 which I use for my work. Whatever uc I use it's the same IDE, same debugging envirorement, same options (not the compiler but IDE) etc.... It's quite configurable also.

Regards...

Regards...
wellnerson1

Thank You
-Given: 33
-Receive: 152

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 12:18:49 12:18 »

Thats Good hate,
In my comment what i mean was the code generated by WinAVR through AVR Studio5 and through PN with the Mfile(WinAVR) option has a difference. Of course both of them are generated by GCC at the back ground. But i was completely embarrassed by the code size compiled through AVR Studio5. I tried to find the options setting for the compiler build but couldn't find the section. When time permits i will explore and let it know.
hate
 Warned

Thank You
-Given: 156
-Receive: 355

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 09:22:27 09:22 »

Thats Good hate,
In my comment what i mean was the code generated by WinAVR through AVR Studio5 and through PN with the Mfile(WinAVR) option has a difference. Of course both of them are generated by GCC at the back ground. But i was completely embarrassed by the code size compiled through AVR Studio5. I tried to find the options setting for the compiler build but couldn't find the section. When time permits i will explore and let it know.
That would be nice if u find what it is in case others might get stuck with this. I suppose it's the optimization level setting but it might be the compiler version as well. As u may have heard Atmel has taken over the development of GCC compiler for AVR which the win port was called WinAVR before. They had even released a new version some time ago. Here is a link:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/avr-toolchain-installer-3.0.0.240-win32.win32.x86.exe

Regards...

Regards...
xaralampis
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 20
-Receive: 5

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 07:07:16 19:07 »

another open source IDE

http://www.codeblocks.org/features

handles projects with and without make
supports many compilers
ready for WinAVR
small and lightweight

use Nightly builds
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...