Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:36:34 23:36

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know a design for a single-phase induction motor controller?  (Read 3002 times)
Magnox

Thank You
-Given: 976
-Receive: 279

Oink!

« on: December 25, 2010, 08:40:43 20:40 »

I have a belt grinder that I use for knife sharpening/making that has a single phase 600W induction motor. It would be very useful to control the speed but the only off-the-shelf controllers I can find are all three-phase. Likewise, all the circuits I find are aimed at three phase control.

I understand the principles of designing a single-phase controller for it, but wondered if anyone knows of an existing circuit for this? I don't want to reinvent the wheel, and probably end up with an oval one that needs tweaking.

Thanks,
Rick.
mris99

Thank You
-Given: 7
-Receive: 16

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 08:04:51 20:04 »

Hello,

Check this:
http://www.circuitcellar.com/microchip2007/winners/first.html
It was the winner of the dsPIC design contest 2007 of Circuit Cellar.

Summay:
Variable Speed Induction Motor Controller

Variable-speed drives for AC induction motors are readily available on the market. But what if you need one for a single-phase motor that operates in the 2-HP range? This innovative controller is the solution. Designed for use with a capacitor-start/capacitor-run motor, it includes active power factor correction (PFC) and inrush current limiting. The motor drive hardware is built around a dsPIC30F2020 DSC. The drive communicates via an optoisolated serial port to a PIC16F687-based interface unit.

Regards,
Mris
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...