Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:49:45 13:49

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: cheap adruino alternative  (Read 5094 times)
gohan127
Inactive

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 6

« on: January 06, 2011, 10:37:49 22:37 »

hey guys, shoot me if i'm wrong but i dont see any posts about Texas Instruments Launchpad? shoot me if i'm wrong. ...

What is LaunchPad?

LaunchPad is an easy-to-use development tool intended for beginners and experienced users alike for creating microcontroller-based applications. At $4.30, the LaunchPad offers everything you need to get started with your projects.

The LaunchPad development tool is a part of the MSP430 Value Line series. The integrated DIP target socket allows all 14 and 20-pin MSP430 Value Line devices to be dropped into the LaunchPad board for easy programming, debugging, and monitoring. Included are free unrestricted and downloadable software development environments for writing and debugging software. The LaunchPad can be used to create interactive solutions thanks to its integrated buttons, LEDs, and extra input/output pins for easy integration of external devices.

Why LaunchPad?

The LaunchPad is an easy-to-use, affordable, and scalable introduction to the world of microcontrollers and the MSP430 family.

* Easy-to-use – LaunchPad includes all of the hardware and software needed to get started. Pre-programmed devices and code examples help users get up and running quickly.
    * Affordable – For $4.30, the LaunchPad includes a development board, 2 programmable MSP430 microcontrollers, mini-USB cable, PCB connectors for expandability, external crystal for increased clock accuracy, and unrestricted software integrated development environments (IDEs) – everything you need to get started today.
    * Scalable – The LaunchPad is a simple introduction to the MSP430 microcontroller family. As application requirements change, programs developed on the LaunchPad can be migrated to higher end MSP430 devices.

How do I get started?

Getting started is easy and affordable. Order now to Launch your applications today!

Download our free software debugger/compilers:
Code Composer Studio version 4
IAR Embedded Workbench Kickstart

here is the webshop: http://www.ti-estore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MSP-EXP430G2
during checkout fill in the following coupon code to get 50% discount (makes the platform $2.15 each): HALFMSPTOOL

the MSP430F1612 on this board alone at digikey allready costs @15euro. ..

if i'm not mistaken the shipping for this item is free. they do take very long to ship because of the many orders theyre getting.
scrts

Thank You
-Given: 12
-Receive: 11

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 07:47:40 19:47 »

How did You find the promo code?
gohan127
Inactive

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 09:42:37 21:42 »

:-P i prefer to keep my resources secret, lets just say the promo code works, it did for me at least.

the launchpad can be used as a programmer for alot of 'heavy' newer chips. the programmer on the launchpad is a FET/2 wire jtag/fly-by-wire. http://www.control.auc.dk/~hr/DAP_2010/Litteratur/slau157n.pdf on page 16 (Table 2-1) of the MSP430 User Manual you'll find a list of the microcontrollers it can program.
gohan127
Inactive

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 11:39:02 11:39 »

that's sad to hear.

I used the coupon myself, but its been a couple of months ago now because i allready have my launchpads here.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:48:19 14:48 by gohan127 » Logged
scrts

Thank You
-Given: 12
-Receive: 11

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 02:39:59 14:39 »

Well afaik that promo code was available for any msp430 devboard.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...