Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:19:51 11:19

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: linistepper V2 step motor control unit  (Read 9652 times)
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 604
-Receive: 260

« on: February 07, 2010, 08:01:56 08:01 »

after some search on net for some good schematics that are modifiable i found lots of circuits and designs i found linistepper a nice design thats open source and has a idea behind it like simple components and deisgned for more than it handles, read more about it here http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/stepper/linistep/index.htm.

so i got the schematics and designed a single layer pcb with a couple of vias and a compiled hex file from their source, i did some small modification to schematics like using a crystal insted of resonator and some other small mods.

i tested the schematic in proteus so so far it worked nicely, i dont have my electronics hardware here with me so cant test it real life, will do later.

so i wanted to share this with you all i include even proteus files too for testing, i cant promise i made it without any bugs though i hope not but but but i am only human. i almost forgot in proteus i made a "linistepper sim" that i added its for simulation and testing with a stepper motor to see if it all worked

/regards

p.s. i changed  file and added assembler code as well i am not sure if source needs to be changed to work with a crystal instead of resonator, so change in the code and compile a new hex file.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:16:18 08:16 by sphinx » Logged

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
bbarney

Thank You
-Given: 405
-Receive: 545

Uhm? where did pickit put my mute button

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 03:23:46 15:23 »

Come on you guy's at least thank the man if your going to download his file  Angry

Ever wonder why Kamikaze pilot's wore helmet's ?
lightt

Thank You
-Given: 8
-Receive: 14

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 07:52:33 07:52 »

I am looking for simple, cheap and effective driver. Linistepper is good choice and has many advantages. But I have some questions in my mind.
1- For linistepper v2, I didn't find any new firmware (hex file) including your files. All codes are v1. But I know that some changes made in v2 for example enable pin functionality completely different. May be I am wrong but, I think version changes not limited to hardware changes.
2- Very personalized question but I want to use TIP152 transistors against TIP122. I checked the datasheets of products there is only one minor difference between products except voltage and current ratings. This difference is Vbe voltage of transistors. TIP122 has 5 V Vbe but TIP152 has 8V Vbe. Is it possiple to use TIP152 in this circuit?
DreamCat

Thank You
-Given: 223
-Receive: 116

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 12:18:50 12:18 »

yes, you can use 152 replace 122.
I read Linistepper's webpage , it is a opensource project. you can download the source code and compile youself.

I'm very interesting the "magic" modes...

May be I expressed the wrong meaning, sorry for my bad english. Please correct it for me if you can.
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 04:55:59 16:55 »

well the hardware is ver2 but i havnt seen any new versions of the software, i mean its open source make any changes to the code and make your own hex file, here is everything you need to know http://www.piclist.org/techref/io/stepper/linistep/index.htm

regards

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
lightt

Thank You
-Given: 8
-Receive: 14

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 06:44:42 06:44 »

thanks for replies, unfortunately due to lack of ASM knowledge I cant change the code. I am going to get help with my friends.
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 03:58:25 15:58 »

i just want to make it clear the schematics i used in my package is v2, i think compared to v1 it has some changes to it. i first thought i would like to make it with 16c84 since i have a bunch of those. but the i thought it would be better to go with the newer and updated schematics. i am just curious what is it about the code you wanna change ?

regards

leaveme

Thank You
-Given: 38
-Receive: 15

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 02:44:07 14:44 »

Hi sphinx,

Is there any difference in stepping sequence (from PIC) for Unipolar & Bipolar stepper?
I mean, is the stepping sequence is same for both stepper?
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 05:31:19 17:31 »

i am not sure was going to have a peek at that. looked at bipolar but i need some more time to figure that
out. since i am not that familiar with either of them i need to read on how these two types differ in their mode of working..

i got my pickit 3 guess i need to order a cuple of pic's sine i got some stepper motors in my "good to have stuff box" and at least run them on the table first,

i got back from US after a 2 year stay so lots of my things are in boxes, and on top of that i have chronic
headaches so some of the time i not in the mood for doing anything.

anyway i will try to read up on stepper and figure em out i think i got a book somewhere about steppers

regards mike

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...