Autodesk 3DS Max 2011
Autodesk® 3ds Max® and Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design software provide powerful, integrated 3D modeling, animation, rendering, and compositing that enable artists and designers to more quickly ramp up for production. The two versions share core technology and features, but offer differentiated experiences and specialized toolsets for game developers, visual effects artists, and graphic designers on the one hand, and architects, designers, engineers, and visualization specialists on the other.
Autodesk 3ds Max provides a comprehensive, integrated 3D modeling, animation, and rendering solution for game developers, visual effects artists, and graphic designers.
* Powerful 3D modeling—With an extensive polygon modeling and texture mapping toolset, modelers and texture artists can work more quickly and effectively.
* Advanced character rigging and animation—The fully integrated Character Animation Toolkit (CAT) provides an out-of-the-box advanced rigging and animation system.
* Choice of integrated renderers—Artists can create highly realistic or stylized looks using the tightly integrated 3ds Max scan line and mental ray® renderers, including unlimited free mental ray network rendering to finish rendering faster.
* Extensible pipeline support—Developers can customize, extend, and integrate 3ds Max into their existing pipelines with support for C ++ and .NET.
* FBX Import/Export for Unreal pipelines—Create and animate models in Autodesk 3ds Max and export as Autodesk® FBX® files, and then import into Unreal® Editor.
Autodesk 3ds Max Design provides a comprehensive, integrated rendering, 3D modeling, and animation solution for architects, designers, civil engineers, and visualization specialists to help tell the story behind their designs.
* Rapid iteration of designs—With best-in-class interoperability with the AutoCAD®, Revit®, and Autodesk® Inventor® software product families, 3ds Max Design enables users to experience non-destructive workflows when upstream changes occur. The software also supports more than 30 2D and 3D data formats.
* Accurate daylight analysis—3ds Max Design is one of the tools validated by the CNRC for the simulation and analysis of indirect and daylight effects. In addition, direct lighting can be explored in real-time in the viewport.
* High-impact visuals—Technology proven in the entertainment industry enables designers and visualization specialists to create cinematic-quality imagery using:
o An industry-leading polygon modeling toolset
o Out-of-the-box animation, character, and effects tools
o Unlimited network rendering with mental ray
Autodesk 3ds Max is a powerful, reliable, and accessible 3D modeling, animation, rendering, and compositing package. It's also a favorite among character animators and game artists. 3ds Max offers:
* A ready-to-use, template-based character rigging system
* An efficient polygon modeling toolset and UV texturing workflow
* Extensive range of third-party plug-ins
* A vast pool of experienced users to support game development
Autodesk 3ds Max provides immediate, highly compatible, out-of-the-box access to a wide range of 3D functionalities for digital artists working on film effects.
* Quickly ramp up production pipelines, so you can deliver stunning results on time and on budget
* Create 3D animatics for pre-visualization purposes
* Model, animate, and light realistic characters and environments
Autodesk 3ds Max brings out-of-the-box 3D capabilities to broadcast graphics, short-form post content, and episodic television projects, so facilities can:
* Access a large pool of trained and talented artists
* Quickly ramp up production pipelines to deliver stunning results on time and on budget
* Model, animate, and light characters, environments, and graphics
* Draw from a large third-party development community
3ds Max Design enables architects, designers, and civil engineers to get a deeper understanding of how projects work before they’re built. Designers can create better designs; make informed decisions; test, refine, and validate concepts; and market buildings and products that don’t yet physically exist.
* Explore—Develop unique organic forms. Experiment with shape, scale, and look. Generate and control architectural entities and design concepts procedurally with scripts.
* Validate—Create animated walk-throughs, line-of-sight studies, and physically accurate daylight analysis, to better understand and communicate how the design functions in context.
* Communicate—Help customers make crucial decisions during design reviews and gain valuable buy-in at every stage with more emotionally