The Godfather talking
Share your stuff or I will make you regret it.
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:34:55 03:34

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: physical part layout in Schematic/PC program such as EagleCad  (Read 3310 times)
Dillon

Thank You
-Given: 207
-Receive: 25

« on: August 23, 2010, 02:38:34 02:38 »

Recently I have been working with Eagle CAD and laying out a schematics and boards for several projects that are in progress.  One of the problems that cropped up is that I could not find a library for a particular part I needed which meant I had to create it.  Often the dimensions and pattern of a part is hard to find and you will have to measure a physical part (what a bummer). Tonight I ran a cross a site that I saw briefly about a month ago and it has lots and lots of part layouts and information on it.  I can now use this information to layout other parts when necessary.

Anyhow I wanted to share it with everyone just in case it is of value.

http://www.toplinedummy.com/Products.cfm

Enjoy,

Dillon
bbarney

Thank You
-Given: 405
-Receive: 545

Uhm? where did pickit put my mute button

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 03:03:48 03:03 »

I've been using eagle for a long time and have very rarely needed to make a part completely from scratch as there is some other part's package that can be used with a few modifications with all the libraries that are in Eagle.
Have you checked the website and downloaded all the libraries or are you just using what comes with the download package ?
There are libraries that just have ref packages in them just for making your owm parts (ref-packages.lbr , ic-package.lbr ,smd-ipc.lbr ) and most datasheets have all the dimiensions you need to make parts from scratch if you really needed too
what parts did you have to make ?
Also check the Sparkfun website as they have a lot of libraries they have made for there boards which are availible for dl

Ever wonder why Kamikaze pilot's wore helmet's ?
metal
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 862
-Receive: 678

Top Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 04:13:16 04:13 »

Usually these details are found in the product datasheet or in the package datasheet.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...