Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:41:27 02:41

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HP Laptop Ethernet Port LED's doesn't glow at all..!  (Read 7432 times)
anishjp

Thank You
-Given: 64
-Receive: 7

Be Coool.......:)

« on: April 07, 2010, 10:14:05 10:14 »

Hi guys,

My HP Laptop Ethernet Port LED's (Green & Amber) doesn't glow at all. I tried changing the Ethernet cable, but still the LED's doesn't glow. What could be the problem?. Is there any way to check if my Ethernet port is working correctly? Please help!. 

Thank You,
Anish

Smiley One of the universe’s great truths is that Energy follows Intention.” Huh
bbarney

Thank You
-Given: 405
-Receive: 545

Uhm? where did pickit put my mute button

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:22:20 15:22 »

go to control panel and select SYSTEM then select DEVICE MANAGER then scroll down to Network Adapters and double click it to open a list of all your cards connected and click on the one you want and it will say if it's working or not (Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller) on mine usally it will have a yellow Exclamation point  ! if something is wrong with a device

Ever wonder why Kamikaze pilot's wore helmet's ?
the.hoofi
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 07:32:59 19:32 »

Is it perhaps deactivated? From the BIOS?
On my HP i can deactivate my LAN to save power.
Have you already used it?

Are you connecting to switch? Try to use a normal straight patch cable an a switch. The switch LED's should lit up.

Try it and report.

anishjp

Thank You

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 08:03:54 08:03 »

go to control panel and select SYSTEM then select DEVICE MANAGER then scroll down to Network Adapters and double click it to open a list of all your cards connected and click on the one you want and it will say if it's working or not (Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller) on mine usally it will have a yellow Exclamation point  ! if something is wrong with a device

Hi,

All the network cards in my device manager are displayed correctly without any exclamation marks. I tried disabling it and again enabled it, but still the LED's are not glowing.

Posted on: April 08, 2010, 08:53:27 08:53 - Automerged

Is it perhaps deactivated? From the BIOS?
On my HP i can deactivate my LAN to save power.
Have you already used it?

Are you connecting to switch? Try to use a normal straight patch cable an a switch. The switch LED's should lit up.

Try it and report.

Hi,

I have used it earlier to connect to internet with the Ethernet cable and was working fine. A year ago i started using USB modem to connect to internet. Now when i try to network my laptop with an other one using an Ethernet cable, the LED's r not glowing. I haven't changed any BIOS settings by myself, will it get changed automatically?, let me check it & will get back to u.

Smiley One of the universe’s great truths is that Energy follows Intention.” Huh
the.hoofi
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 08:51:38 08:51 »

Regularly you need a crossover cable to connect a other laptop. Current laptop LANs are able to automatically switch to crossed. I think it is part of the autonegotation feature.
If you want to connect to an old laptop, it might be that you need an crossover cable. Or you use a switch between, then you can use 2 straight cables.
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 826
-Receive: 4207

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 12:18:17 12:18 »

While using your system, it may have updated the drivers, and you have the wrong driver installed.
On my desktop pc I have two lan cards fitted, the 1meg lan is in use to modem, the one without cables still flashers the leds.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
anishjp

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 08:25:26 08:25 »

Hi Guys,

Finally it worked. I think i didn't restart the laptop after making the changes. Now the LED's r glowing & blinking..Thanks to all guys for ur prompt reply.

Regards,
Anish

eSilviu

Thank You
-Given: 4

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 08:49:21 20:49 »

use this to test your network adapter
pushycat

Thank You
-Given: 210
-Receive: 1446

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:04:03 10:04 »

Hi Guys,Finally it worked. I think i didn't restart the laptop after making the changes. Now the LED's r glowing & blinking..Thanks to all guys for ur prompt reply.Regards,Anish
Happy to hear that it worked. But could you kindly write here what was the remedy you did to make it work so that it may be noted in case other members have such problems.
DreamCat

Thank You
-Given: 223
-Receive: 116

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 06:13:16 06:13 »

use this to test your network adapter

it is good method to test hardware...I have two this Huh

May be I expressed the wrong meaning, sorry for my bad english. Please correct it for me if you can.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...