Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:21:34 07:21

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: make love not war.  (Read 2986 times)
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 604
-Receive: 260

« on: March 13, 2010, 12:24:16 00:24 »

why cant we all be more nice to each other and accept we all are different. i know i could write some not so good comments to some of messages here but i chose not to i i bite it through or whatever you say in english. i sure do mean all off of us we should try our very best to make this a nice community with sharing knowledge without religion or politics.
share the wealth of information to expand our brains and broathen our horizons. why all the anger and irritation. we all
have faults of one kind or another some more some less noone is perfect. from my own experience in life i kknow i cant
handle some persons in real life and it the same here. i know my english aint perfect and i dont expect anyones to be either. sometimes u need to read some post more than ten times to try and understand what that person tries to say, if i wouldnt i would like him/her to explain a bit more if possible.

i could expect some make hushhush stuff and dont wanna expoese their iedeas with too much info thats why they are not explaining becayse they think someone is gonna patent their idea first.

i try my best in helping others as good as i can. and if am nice i can hope people will be nice back

regards
/mike

p.s. bad karma is ahead for those driving on wrong road

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 07:32:55 07:32 »

I agree with you Sphinx,

I feel a higher tension here, maybe we all need to take some relaxing activity..... and as you said make a lot of love on this weekend, that is my choice.   Tongue

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
FriskyFerret

Thank You
-Given: 513
-Receive: 360

Put it in, take it out.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 02:11:03 14:11 »

why cant we all be more nice to each other and accept we all are different.

I'll forward your thoughts to Israel and Hamas. We'll see how it goes...

Dancing pants and leotards, that's what I'm talkin' about!
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 02:51:56 14:51 »

FriskyFerret,

Have you been there?

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 12:41:08 00:41 »

I admit that these last few days I have been posting a few heartfelt acidic posts.  Roll Eyes

Generally I am a nice guy, trully I am  Grin but I can't stand stupidity.
If I made serious mistake in my assertions, and someone point them out to me,  even in a scathing way, I gladly accept them.

However, when I say 1 + 1 = 10
then some uppity say publicly that 1 + 1 <> 10 and MY answer is incorrect..
to me that is a slander to my words.

Anyone can post anything out here.
If the post is on general topic, a discussion, questions, or  answers,  then yeah then we are making progress..
If someone insist that the answers made by a particular member are wrong, well, it is a declaration of war.
The challenger must be able to either prove that he/she is right or apologize for the slander.

If a person do not understand binary or any other knowledge in the universe, then he/she should go out and learn them.
Then and only then he/she have the right to refute others.

==============================================================
Now, back to the OT of this post.

"Make Love not war"
Let us discuss the sentence,  In my opinion, this sentence is incomplete..
Punctuation marks should be placed on the sentence to ensure that the meaning of the sentence is being conveyed.

For example,

Make, love not war - would convey to make "love" whatever the state it is currently, into a new state which does not content "war".
Make love, not war  - would convey the meaning as to "love" is to be made, "war" is not.
Make love not, war - This is a dangerous statement.. it say to "make love not" or !love, and then it say "WAR" which is then became a command.

So sphinx, which of the above you are trying to say?

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
FriskyFerret

Thank You
-Given: 513
-Receive: 360

Put it in, take it out.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 04:16:09 04:16 »

Only #2 is grammatically correct.

Dancing pants and leotards, that's what I'm talkin' about!
Parmin

Thank You
-Given: 494
-Receive: 133

Very Wise (and grouchy) Old Man

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 04:43:48 04:43 »

Only #2 is grammatically correct.

Agreed, but since punctuations is not provided on the OP, it is then open for questions and interpretations  Grin

If I have said something that offends you, please let me know, so I can say it again later.
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 604
-Receive: 260

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 05:53:32 05:53 »

i know sometimes there are some that can be pretty annoying and behaving badly not too often here, like
on some other boatforum i joined, there where alot of smartasses and messerschmidth types of people,
trying to be smarter than everybody else and telling people down into the ground. just because u dont
know the boatterms doesnt mean youre dumb or stupid but that was how they behaved there and when i saw
what some of those made as to boat designing i saw some of those where more or less boat builder wannabees.

luckily i appreciate sonsivri and its a great place to share and learn new things. no matter of religion or
politics or any other things that might cause friction among users.

and i hope sonsivri will continue to be a great place like it have been.

i maybe cant share that much but i do my best of helping and making comments in my area of knowledge and
my ideas and reflection on anything answerable topics.

regards
/mike

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...