Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:54:55 15:54

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Why the "Just for Requests (Ask and Fulfill)" thread?  (Read 3034 times)
nigelmercier

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 0

« on: January 05, 2011, 11:23:56 11:23 »

Perhaps I missing something, but I really don't see the logic behind the "Just for Requests (Ask and Fulfill)" thread. Doing it this way means that requests get buried deep inside a huge (currently 14 page) thread.

Surely it would be better to have a request forum?
janakfun

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 4

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:09:01 09:09 »

Hmmm
That is why there is a search button at the top... and also in one of the rules of this site it is mentioned to use search prior to initiating new thread... so as to avoid repeatation of the threads..

Regards,

Janak
Wizpic
Global Moderator

Thank You
-Given: 540
-Receive: 408

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:04:46 20:04 »

One of the main reasons for just requests(ask an fulfill) is to stop some topics been full of just requests.
There is a lot of posts that get deleted that are just requests or worth nothing related to the topic. I once cleaned up a topic and 80% was just requests an full of nothing.
I can see nigelmercier you are  newby and have lots to learn how Sonsivri works, I don't know how you do it but when I sign in I click the new posts button at the top and look at all the new posts, This way you don't miss any requests or posting's.
Like janakfun said you have the search button which works wonders, It has never let me down and means your new here you may want to use it Wink You have lots to catch upon

When you think, "I can't do anymore. I need a break," that is the time to challenge yourself to keep going another five minutes. Those who persevere for even an extra five minutes will win in life..
nigelmercier

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 0

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 10:54:29 10:54 »

There is a lot of posts that get deleted that are just requests...

My point exactly; having separate threads for each request would allow the old ones to die in peace. How much easier would it be to have a forum where a topic said: REQ: "Banana Magazine" December 2010 rather than potential responders having to trawl through a long thread?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...