Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:16:00 13:16

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: catia v5r19 sp5 question  (Read 7726 times)
sphinx

Thank You
-Given: 604
-Receive: 260

« on: September 02, 2009, 06:51:19 18:51 »

hey

tried to use the sp5 on catia v5r19 but i got error runtime exception and software closes down sp4 works without any errors, anyone has issues with sp5 or not. i cant find whats changes in the new sp since i cant read any changelogs.
so i stay with sp4 for the time being.

regards

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
hacbit

Thank You
-Given: 17
-Receive: 35

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 03:52:48 15:52 »

it isn't clearly about  sp... they release,it's just fixed error version which they released before.the different feature just take place in v6 or 15r.. may be v5r20 ... !

Firefox66.
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:06:31 19:06 »

i am not talking about any feature changes i am just wondering what is fixed in sp5 for V5 of CATIA. and i was wondering if any of u here had some info on the changelog from sp4 to sp5 since i am not able to find it. i know that most CAD software relies on openGL so i think it has to do with something like that, but i am ok with sp4 since i dont have any professional grafics card.

regards

laws of physics are not laws at all, just assumptions and formulas that work as long as we don't figure something new that wrecks the calculations. the infinite onion try to peel that one
pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 12:41:18 00:41 »

I have from another forum catia V6R2009 and english docs on two isos.
I installed it ok. but I have not got round to trying it fully.
I will post it in new topic when I split the Isos.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 01:19:29 01:19 »

thanx but not need for me i can get it on torrent, i will stay with V5 for me and my stuff its more than handle so far
very potent stuff. but there could be other that might find V6 interesting. maybe time to get a proffesional grafix card that handles th openGL stuff better than the standard types

regards

pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 11:10:08 11:10 »

maybe time to get a proffesional grafix card that handles th openGL stuff better than the standard types

regards
I would look at some of the older gaming video card's too. some are sold as new old stock. some with the latest drivers can run shader3. to select a video card I would look to see if it will run the newer games.

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 04:07:41 16:07 »

some news on this issue with runtime exception, installed sp6 and so far it seems running fine have had catia up for over 36 hours and no problems so far. so it looks like it was something with the sp5 upgrade thats changed in sp6 so so far so good.

/mike

ncprog
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 09:23:01 21:23 »

Response to the v5 r19 sp5
I would stick with sp4, we have found a few issues with sp6 on the 5 axis flank contour.
and as far as the grafics card this is what we run.
waiting for them to upgrade us to a 64 bit system

Dell Precision T7400
Intel Xeon E5405 @2.0GHz
Nvidia Quadro FX1700
2GB Ram

Catia V5R19SP6
Mastercam x2mr2
Vericut 7.0
sphinx

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 09:56:21 21:56 »

thanks i think i will go back to sp4, i had some fun things going on when i did something within a tutorial assembly, catia would do things for a couple of hours and then get an error and exit. i was doing some testing to see how sp6 was and wanted to see how it would behave after and uptime of more than 36 hours.
i am not sure it was the service pack or if i did a crappy thing in catia. i am not doing any advanced stuff just some simple mechanic things so for me that problem maybe wouldnt apply but i think i will downgrade to sp4.

/mike

ncprog
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 02:05:39 14:05 »

And as far as it crashing, it could just be the grafics card as well.
we had a lady that was having her husband build us computers when i first started and they ran mastercam kind of good, it would still crash once in awhile. but when we switched over to catia and started doing big assembly's or generating tool paths it would just crash all the time.
come to find out the grafics card and mother board were not compatible. Have fun with catia it is awesome.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...