The Godfather talking
You think I am funny guy huh?
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:45:23 21:45

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ability to invite trial members poll  (Read 5378 times)
SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You
-Given: 75
-Receive: 405

« on: October 21, 2009, 09:19:13 09:19 »

RedAlert asked for it and I decided to put in a poll. The story is; have you ever wanted to invite members in "invitation request" area and you afraid to invite because you don't know who he is and will he harm this community? If yes this is the solution. You will have authorization on that member while he is in trial. You can cancel his membership if he doesn't useful to this community, just begging for cracks or not sticking with the rules etc. This way you can help this community to grove with your control.

These are some members invited here and made lots of progress: bunion, oldvan, tAhm1D, vbcoder, wen

- Houston, we have a problem.
RedAlert

Thank You
-Given: 168
-Receive: 302

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:27:24 10:27 »

Thanks SONSiVRi this is the best place to do it right Smiley

The goal of this procedure is to protect the board(as much as it can) in the long run.
With more and more users are joining, there need to be an efficient way to filter the unwanted accounts: the last thing, I belive, we want is to see a major deletion of user accounts(due to lots of reasons) as happend before...

For unknown users: when a guest user wants to be invited he can writes everything and that can be true or wrong.
The registered user who invites the guests have no tools to actually believe his notes and hope that he will be good member in the long run, but the bare truth is that the invited users can either contribute to this board or cannot.

There are many ways to contribute the board such as: participating, sharing knowledge and EDA software(if u can off-course) and even donating etc..
In the past every user could get register to the board, but now when this board has grown and has unique material and repuatation among users in EDA industry, it is a Honor to be a member in this board. Smiley
One of the many good thing is that the board has users all around the world who share knowledge - definately a key conecept to this board.

There can be lots of scenarios and ways to implement the method(if accepted), which I will indicate one:
After a registered user invite a guest user his status would become to a Trial status for a period of pre-determinated time(for example week, month etc..) and after that time he would become a full registered member by default(no user/mod/admin active action is required - because we do trust the trial members till they do something wrong);

During that time his contribute/behaivour could be evaluated by the user who invites him; If the registered user has found that he is not fit to this board, then he would have the power to delete his account(after all he did have the power to invite him, so why not delete his account?)

If the registered user knows the guest users, there might be shortcuts in this scenario and the invitaion process would be normal as today.
So to summarize it up, the registered user would have the possibility to invite a guest user as it is today(guest users are known by the registered user) or with the scenario I indicated above(would be good for unknown guest users)

One last thing, maybe it is a bit out of the scope but there are users who expect to find X and actually find Y, so after they register they might find no interest in the board, so maybe indeed a trial membership of z time for them would be a great solution(they will have the ability to delete their own accounts in the pre-determinated time).

Hope I cleared my point here. any other/similar suggestions/notes would be happily accepted...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:56:33 10:56 by RedAlert » Logged

"Life would be easier if we had its source code"
SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:11:21 11:11 »

I don't prefer trial member can be deleted by who invited him, deletion must be moderated and reason should specified. Look from the invited side, the guy who invited you can delete your account and you have to be perfect to him, not only to the community. We don't want to stress invited members, as they already enough.

Rest idea is perfect though.

pickit2

Thank You
-Given: 823
-Receive: 4194

There is no evidence that I muted SoNsIvRi

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 12:58:23 12:58 »

It sounds like your asking the user who invites another, to monitor the behaviour of the invited user.
During that time his contribute/behaivour could be evaluated by the user who invites him; If the registered user has found that he is not fit to this board, then he would have the power to delete his account
To ask this of users, may result in no invites, so may result in some not even being given the chance to be here.
The behaviour of users are already coved by the report to moderater option.
Even then, it's not always down to one moderater to have an account removed. Users reported are first warned and then if they still don't follow rules, maybe muted.

As to trial members are not all user accounts graded
1. Inactive 2. Newbie 3.Junior Member 4.Active Member 5. V.I.P
the way a member moves through the rating are by post count, thank you's and most importantly by respect of other members.

Also just because you invite a member it's up to them to follow the rules

Then
One last thing, maybe it is a bit out of the scope but there are users who expect to find X and actually find Y, so after they register they might find no interest in the board, so maybe indeed a trial membership of z time for them would be a great solution(they will have the ability to delete their own accounts in the pre-determinated time).
Most users must know this is a knowledge/file/program sharing forum. and they have the option to read the all posts, before asking for an invite, So for any user to be able to delete accounts, can lead to abuse. so just let an inactive account lie till sonsivri needs to clean up.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:29:08 16:29 by pickit2 » Logged

Note: I stoped Muteing bad members OK I now put thier account in sleep mode
DarkClover

Thank You
-Given: 37
-Receive: 60

Still alive...

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 12:50:29 12:50 »

The basic idea of the Trial-Invitation sounds really good.

I think one month is a minimum for the trial because the invited trial-member can write a lot
of things during one week and then after he is a registered member it decreases.
So if you have a whole month you can monitor the trials activity (maybe with a graph).

The other thing is the deletion of the trial-member if he don't fit to the community.
The registered user who invited the guest to trial-member shouldn't have the ability to delete him but
he should have the ability to mute him. If a trial-member is muted a message will be sent to a moderator
or administrator and he decides if the trial-member will be deleted or not.

Not thinking means to believe what others say!
TRY & ERROR... the fundamental principle our existence is based on
Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 05:31:07 17:31 »

Agree!

I invited 5 person and 4 of them have no value up to now.

-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
tAhm1D

Thank You
-Given: 103
-Receive: 180

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 06:57:49 18:57 »

Hi,
I was also thinking for few days about the invited but not active members. I have invited many members basing on their qualification mentioned in request. But after getting invited they are not responding and some even not posting a single post. This is very unfortunate and not good for the Forum. Hence, I fully agree with others that time has come for some action and my suggestions in this regard are as follows:
Newly invited members should be active in the first month or two in a manner prescribed by the Forum Authority/Moderators. If he/she doesn't, his/her membership should be reconsidered/membership deleted.
Deletion of membership should be done by Moderators, not by the member, who invited the trial member. A member should not disqualify a member. At best he can be asked to put suggestion.
Authority should look into the posts of some members who have shown lot of qualifications while requesting for membership but their posts are not commensurating with shown qualification rather funny and useless posts which hampers the standard of the Forum. Only posts should not matter, rather quality of posts should matter. One good post is better than 20 useless posts. We want knowledgeable and cooperative members here so that we can exchange our  knowledge here. While setting criteria for trial members, I request the Authority to think about it also.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:00:43 19:00 by tAhm1D » Logged
oldvan

Thank You
-Given: 154
-Receive: 107

If the van is a Rockin'...

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 11:24:46 23:24 »

Quote from: tAhm1D
I have invited many members basing on their qualification mentioned in request. But after getting invited they are not responding and some even not posting a single post.
I've noticed the same thing.  I think some overinflate their interest in sharing and their qualifications to achieve membership, but really only want access to a compiler or such and then they are gone.  They will vansh the next time Deadbeat Patrol does a sweep.  Grin

Quote from: tAhm1D
One good post is better than 20 useless posts.
Agreed.  But I think that's under control:

Quote from: TheGodFather
If you post useless, you will get punished.
Only a fool would mess with TheGodFather, and then only once.

I'll continue to use my invite credits to invite worthy looking individuals.  If we don't use invite credits, there is no us in having them and hard for things to grow.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will sit around in a boat drinking beer all day.
SONSiVRi
Administrator

Thank You

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 09:49:00 09:49 »

I'll continue to use my invite credits to invite worthy looking individuals.  If we don't use invite credits, there is no us in having them and hard for things to grow.
Yep, we can't know without inviting.

Ichan

Thank You
-Given: 312
-Receive: 392

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 04:33:01 16:33 »

Uh.. yes i will still use my invitation credits but it will be in a tight way.

And for now, i want to propose a membership cancellation for persons below which was invited by me:
1. ekstrasains
2. aristiadi
3. Holinazatech
4. brmdjoko
5. horre_8

Thank you
-ichan

There is Gray, not only Black or White.
janakfun

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 4

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 04:59:30 04:59 »

Hmmm.. This is a nice idea...
But I feel that everything is coming back to same as it was before.. like invite someone and then terminate if he/she is not worth for the community.

Regards,

Janak
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...