The Godfather talking
You can run, but you can't hide.
Sonsivri

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:43:57 07:43

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Print
Author Topic: ICD-U40 - circuit and PCB  (Read 24772 times)
pama

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 28

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 09:14:53 09:14 »

Hi,

i have my working version, i finished some month ago. I made 3 version, but finally a didn't post because i made a litlle error also on the last one.But it works for me, the problem is that it's really hard to do the pcb at home enviroment.

i'll collect the info and i'll come back.
best wishes
jose

Thank You
-Given: 336
-Receive: 12

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 09:44:49 09:44 »

hello dembo. thanks, but the shematic is the pic 16F876 and not 18F252?? I don´t understand it.
Sorry for my bad Inglish
jose

Thank You

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 09:50:08 09:50 »

thanks pama. I waiting the information.
sorry for my bad inglish.
Dembo
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 06:30:44 18:30 »

Jose: the original ICD1 uses 16F876, it has Microchip built-in bootloader.

1. CCS ICDS uses this HW as-is, also bootloader is compatible, and You can load CCS firmvare to it without problem and revert to ICD1 when You want. I started with this, but You need reload firmware when You switch from 16F to 18F and back.

2. If You change XTALL to 20MHz, it becomes  ICDS-20. I never tried this, and I have no bootloader for it.

3. If You change XTALL to 10MHz and the chip to 18F252 with attached firmware, it becomes  ICDS-40. now the same firmvare supports 16F and 18F series. This one I use for now.
jose

Thank You

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2007, 09:38:23 09:38 »

thanks dembo. Have you got the PCB boards of the ICD, format protel, eaglee,etc?. I want to make the ICd i haven´t the board. Shared up please.
Sorry for my bad Englis
pama

Thank You

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 02:20:39 14:20 »

hi,

sorry, somehow i wasn't able to login. Now it's ok, thanks Admin!
So, here is my board. I tested it and works fine, but i did it just for my fun. And i don't really know that it can help somebody.
When i prototyped, the Vpp generation wasn't so stable, but when i connect an ext. power supply it was working well. This was the reason why i introduced the maxim step up converter.
Also i propose to be able to run from the usb power, but also from an ext power supply, which is adjustable. In this way i think is independent from the usb power supply, and also can give power supply for the target board.
I made just these two little modification in the original circuit, and another one was the newest ft chip-RL, which is more advantageous than the older BM chip. Also i connected some leds to show whats happened.

but it's a challenge to build this board, because i used the rl chip with 0.65 mm pitch, and also if you loock carefuly, you have to solder under the component, wich is not so easy. But i solved with a really crazy idea, i'll comeback to this issue ,if you are inrerested.
I did it in protel99, but please don't ask for the sourse file.

so, after all, i think that is cheaper to buy an original one!

thanks and good luck,
pama

http://rapidshare.com/files/30709969/icd.zip.html
pama

Thank You

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 02:22:37 14:22 »

sorry, psw is the board name where you are.
jose

Thank You

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 07:49:06 07:49 »

thanks pama.
Dembo
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 08:11:00 08:11 »

See also this link - single-side PCB that looks good...

http://www.chez.com/silicium31/Electronique/PIC/free_icd.htm

LuoPan19770708

Thank You
-Given: 20
-Receive: 11

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 10:22:49 10:22 »

sorry, sir, please share the password.
dan333

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 1

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2007, 03:53:41 15:53 »

thanks pama!
best regards!
pama

Thank You

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2007, 08:31:50 08:31 »

hi everyone,

i was in hurry when i post the board, and i miss something to mention:
- on this board you have just to make a wire connection between R40 and D3 -anod, on the bottom board.
This is because i forget to cut the Q1 colector and VPP led from the Vdd, with the D3 diode. And i also connect the Vpp led to the Vdd, instead the ground.
So i introduce the D3 diode after the pcb was finalized, and i put a via close to the R40, for this wire connection.

i hope that is clear.
best wishes
pama
Soter

Thank You
-Given: 24
-Receive: 13

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 09:34:51 21:34 »

Dear friend, please share the pass of the ICD.

Thanks.

is the board name where you are. Grin Grin Grin Grin
chenyi.com

Thank You
-Given: 18
-Receive: 27

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 08:01:17 08:01 »

What's the pass word?

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:34:14 09:34 by chenyi.com » Logged
pama

Thank You

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 10:06:19 10:06 »

hi,
do you know a good place on the web, where you can share your experience, knowledge,....,and other good things with other interested people? I hope that you know one! Wink
best wishes
pama
Soter

Thank You

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2007, 01:11:29 01:11 »

Hi pama

are you have eeprom for FT232RL ? And how to program to FT232RL ?

Thank you very much
pama

Thank You

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 08:24:38 08:24 »

Hi Soter,

you have to download the datasheet for the rl chip, from the www.ftdichip.com and also the program utility for eeprom programmer, called MProg. (it was version 2.9c when i played with this). All avaible on the web page. Its quite easy to play with this utility.
this is the newest Ft232 chip, with eeprom inside the device, with no external crystal.
best wishes,
pama
Soter

Thank You

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 06:31:01 18:31 »

Now i can use FT232RL with Mprog. But i not have eeprom file ( .ept ) for ICD-U40 , For program to FT232RL. Please share me

best regards!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 07:33:12 19:33 by Soter » Logged
pama

Thank You

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2007, 08:12:06 08:12 »

Hi Soter,

with the Mprog utility you can create your own .ept file. So, if you'ld like to use the older chip, you need the eeprom content. But for the rl version you have just to type the right VID/PID nrs, which are VID= 0403, PID= F9D1. And also you have to select the right I/O configuration for C0-C4, based on your hardware. But, i think on the default config you have just to change the VID/PID.
And also you have to check on icdu.inf the vendor iD numbers.

i hope that it helps!
best wishes
pama
Soter

Thank You

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2007, 12:18:20 00:18 »

help me please, I try with VID&PID but icd.exe rise exception.

Best Regards.
pama

Thank You

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2007, 08:14:59 08:14 »

Hi Soter,

please give us some details about your hardware: -which hardware have you made,which driver do you have/used?
When i installed my version, I also had a lot of problems with the drivers, and my hardware wans't able to run with the nevest dirver from ccsinfo.com. And finaly i installed with some older drivers posted here.
But please give us some details about the steps where you are now, and i'll check at home my driver versions and i'll post.
best wishes
pama
Soter

Thank You

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2007, 02:51:38 02:51 »

Quote from: pama
hi folks,

nice post, but if you'll do in the future in same way, i think you never will be helped! Why don't you use your word? It's like that you are my shadow in this forum! All things i made it just for my fun, and I share it to help others. I don't need your thanks, but i hate your 'copy/paste' habit!!!!! Now im thinking to keep for myself all of my work!!!
pama

I take your information and your "project" to help the others, not for my benefit. Is the only project that I take and copy/paste. In addition, in neither part said that it is my project
Anyway your project don't work if you don't share the .ept file. If you really want to help us put all the information and not guess.
Thanks for all....

Folkssoter
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 03:18:38 03:18 by Soter » Logged
pama

Thank You

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2007, 08:35:19 08:35 »

ok soters,

once again and for tha last time: -the problem is not because you share in that forum my contribution, you made me angree because you copy/paste my answer from here, and sign it with your abbreviation name.
But i think is not so right that you distribute it, and now you say that you not complete it and you have same problems with this. In this way you made peoples a little bit confused...

So to be on the subject, my board is working for me, tested an using frecvently with a 16f877 target.
I'll check at home the ept file, but i was able to play easily with the mprog, and i had just to modify the VID/PID in this file, and to configure the output to drive the leds.
good luck
pama
pama

Thank You

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2007, 09:06:09 09:06 »

hi soter,

so, trying to prepare a short description for you, and trying to install the board on a second pc, i met same 'exception at memory address....' message. I remember that it was same when i install first time my board. The reason is that it is some driver problem between ccs drivers and ftdi drivers. Maybe it can be confirmed by somebody who has an original device with original drivers. (In that time i saw some same complains on the ccs forum.
But i collected a lot of drivers, and i tried with that and i din't made any notes. I planed to post a clear drivers for my board versions, but it's too more time to check again wich is working and which not.
So, i'll show my 'dirty' steps for installing, found late at night (finally it works perfectly on the second pc):

1.install the ICDU drivers; checking in device manag. --> CCS ICDU-40, vers.    2006.05.19, 2.0.0.0 (surelly with the connected device);
2. in device manag., properties, enable the Load VCP obtions;
3. disconnect and replug  on the usb the board; will apear in the device manag. on the COM, a new serial device, with the ?;
4. edit the ftdi drivers (CDM ini files) with the right VID/PID values and install the drivers;
5. check in device mang., you have to found on COM ports an USB serial port, with FTDI drivers, 2006.05.19, vers. 2.0.0.0;
check or edit the com properties, you need 115.200 kb/sec for com speed;
 (surelly with the device connected)
6. find the ftd2xx.dll 172kb from 2006.11.03, on c\windows\system32, this is the bad one, replace with ftd2xx.dll 72kb from 2004.09.23, this is the right one for me;
7. start the ICD soft and set the com port to the values set in device manager.

thats was for me.

So, the key is the dll sys file, and you have to install an older CCS ICDU driver, and not the  ept file - eprom content. If the eprom content is bad, it's mean that you fail in the first step (your device will not be recognize as ICDU usb device).

If you manage to make it run, please look at the circuit, and understand the meanings of the 2 JP jumpers. Because it's not possible to connect in same time the usb connector and the ext power supply, without to fix the jumper in right position. (i haven't got space for 2 cuttings diodes).

i hope that helps,
best wishes
pama

Soter

Thank You

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2007, 03:03:49 03:03 »

hi soter,

so, trying to prepare a short description for you, and trying to install the board on a second pc, i met same 'exception at memory address....' message. I remember that it was same when i install first time my board. The reason is that it is some driver problem between ccs drivers and ftdi drivers. Maybe it can be confirmed by somebody who has an original device with original drivers. (In that time i saw some same complains on the ccs forum.
But i collected a lot of drivers, and i tried with that and i din't made any notes. I planed to post a clear drivers for my board versions, but it's too more time to check again wich is working and which not.
So, i'll show my 'dirty' steps for installing, found late at night (finally it works perfectly on the second pc):

1.install the ICDU drivers; checking in device manag. --> CCS ICDU-40, vers.    2006.05.19, 2.0.0.0 (surelly with the connected device);
2. in device manag., properties, enable the Load VCP obtions;
3. disconnect and replug  on the usb the board; will apear in the device manag. on the COM, a new serial device, with the ?;
4. edit the ftdi drivers (CDM ini files) with the right VID/PID values and install the drivers;
5. check in device mang., you have to found on COM ports an USB serial port, with FTDI drivers, 2006.05.19, vers. 2.0.0.0;
check or edit the com properties, you need 115.200 kb/sec for com speed;
 (surelly with the device connected)
6. find the ftd2xx.dll 172kb from 2006.11.03, on c\windows\system32, this is the bad one, replace with ftd2xx.dll 72kb from 2004.09.23, this is the right one for me;
7. start the ICD soft and set the com port to the values set in device manager.

thats was for me.

So, the key is the dll sys file, and you have to install an older CCS ICDU driver, and not the  ept file - eprom content. If the eprom content is bad, it's mean that you fail in the first step (your device will not be recognize as ICDU usb device).

If you manage to make it run, please look at the circuit, and understand the meanings of the 2 JP jumpers. Because it's not possible to connect in same time the usb connector and the ext power supply, without to fix the jumper in right position. (i haven't got space for 2 cuttings diodes).

i hope that helps,
best wishes
pama

I download the old ftd2xx.dll v.2.0.11.1 from http://www.sidena.com/download/FTD2XX.dll and works fine!!!
thanks pama your project works 100%
and thanks to the other forum Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Print
Jump to:  

DISCLAIMER
WE DONT HOST ANY ILLEGAL FILES ON THE SERVER
USE CONTACT US TO REPORT ILLEGAL FILES
ADMINISTRATORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR USERS POSTS AND LINKS

... Copyright © 2003-2999 Sonsivri.to ...